Screen flicker and low brightness

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Is this a defect? My screen has a staticy flicker whenever it is at low brightness. It is especially noticeable when in a dark room (when I'm most likely to turn the brightness down).

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Is this a defect? My screen has a staticy flicker whenever it is at low brightness. It is especially
noticeable when in a dark room (when I'm most likely to turn the brightness down).

The dark room only condition tells me that it may be an ambient light sensor issue. I'm Interested to see who else chimes in.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Is this a defect? My screen has a staticy flicker whenever it is at low brightness. It is especially noticeable when in a dark room (when I'm most likely to turn the brightness down).

are you on a regular or XL? Some people reported screen flicker at 100 percent battery while on the charger with the XL only, so I wonder if this would be related... if you have the XL.

I have the regular, just tested in a completely dark room with auto brightness enabled. The motion of dimming the screen is a little jittery and not fluid, but once the screen is at its set brightness there is no flicker. after the sensor and auto brightness settings did their job i manually moved my brightness slider all the way down to as dim as it would go. Still no flicker.

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
are you on a regular or XL? Some people reported screen flicker at 100 percent battery while on the charger with the XL only, so I wonder if this would be related... if you have the XL.

I have the regular, just tested in a completely dark room with auto brightness enabled. The motion of dimming the screen is a little jittery and not fluid, but once the screen is at its set brightness there is no flicker. after the sensor and auto brightness settings did their job i manually moved my brightness slider all the way down to as dim as it would go. Still no flicker.
I have the Pixel XL.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Could be related to the other issue then. It seemed like it wasn't an isolated incident so there may be something a little wacky with the lcd panels that were used on the XL. The reported incidents said the flicker was very minor and if that's the case for you it may be something you'll have to live with. If it's really bad consider a replacement

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Could be related to the other issue then. It seemed like it wasn't an isolated incident so there may be something a little wacky with the lcd panels that were used on the XL. The reported incidents said the flicker was very minor and if that's the case for you it may be something you'll have to live with. If it's really bad consider a replacement
A replacement might have the same issue?

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
It's possible, but don't quote me on that. I don't k ow whether the screen flicker was a widespread thing or an isolated incident with only a certain batch of XLs.
I changed a setting in developer options and that seems to have resolved the issue... at least for now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer