Change Device Name for BT

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello all.

BLUF: As the title says, is there any way to change the name of the device for BT recognition?

Bought this connected Teddy Bear for my daughter that uses Bluetooth and wifi called the Smart Toy. Ever since I installed the app for the toy and made an account, my car is recognizing my Pixel as STParent, which I assume means Smart Toy Parent since the account on the toy app says "Parent Information" Only started noticing this after I installed and made the account. I tried everything I think such as breaking the BT connection between the car and phone, tried rebooting the phone, tried uninstalling the toy app, etc. Only thing I don't know how to do is change the device name. I remember this was a setting in my old Samsung Note. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance and happy holidays.

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Whoa 12 steps?!? Lol. I kid I kid. Thanks for posting! I was actually coming back here to mention that I found my answer. It's under Bluetooth options when you connect a new device. Click top right, then rename this device. My beef now is why it was changed by this stupid Teddy Bear lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fox2024