Pixel XL Issue

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
So I updated my XL last night to the latest software and the January security patch. After the update, the device rebooted itself twice. Then while using the device today, it shut off and would not turn back on at all. The battery was at 90% when it happened. Google is sending out a replacement that I'll receive tomorrow, but I just wanted to see if anyone else experienced something similar.

thehvacdude

Jan 5, 2017
Visit site
My pixel XL is doing the same thing, it tried installing the patch last night & when i woke this morning the device was off & i couldn't power it back on for some 15minutes then eventually it powered on by pressing & holding the PWR + VOL UP buttons.

I then tried installing the patch in SAFE MODE as instructed by google support but the patch still wouldn't install & resulted in the device resetting itself.

I have left the device the rest of the day just using as normal & it has rebooted itself at least 5 times whilst not connected to Wi-Fi so it seems the patch has affected something.

pmendu

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
So I updated my XL last night to the latest software and the January security patch. After the update, the device rebooted itself twice. Then while using the device today, it shut off and would not turn back on at all. The battery was at 90% when it happened. Google is sending out a replacement that I'll receive tomorrow, but I just wanted to see if anyone else experienced something similar.
Verizon or Google phone?

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
My pixel XL is doing the same thing, it tried installing the patch last night & when i woke this morning the device was off & i couldn't power it back on for some 15minutes then eventually it powered on by pressing & holding the PWR + VOL UP buttons.

I then tried installing the patch in SAFE MODE as instructed by google support but the patch still wouldn't install & resulted in the device resetting itself.

I have left the device the rest of the day just using as normal & it has rebooted itself at least 5 times whilst not connected to Wi-Fi so it seems the patch has affected something.

Report it to Google. The more people report it the more it becomes a known issue. The person I spoke to in support said they hadn't experienced my issue with anyone else. I find it hard to believe I am one out of several million.

therealasd

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
My Pixel XL from the Google Store, activated on Verizon, got the security patch update yesterday and is functioning fine with zero issues.

WClark57

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Report it to Google. The more people report it the more it becomes a known issue. The person I spoke to in support said they hadn't experienced my issue with anyone else. I find it hard to believe I am one out of several million.

It is sometimes hard to grasp how big the world is, but alas we are but one out of several million :p

But on a more serious note--or a serious at all note--have you tried leaving in safe mode for awhile to see if it reboots while in that mode?

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
It is sometimes hard to grasp how big the world is, but alas we are but one out of several million :p

But on a more serious note--or a serious at all note--have you tried leaving in safe mode for awhile to see if it reboots while in that mode?

Mine wouldn't even power back on to get into safe mode. I tried all of the suggested steps as per Google support. I just received my replacement. I was shocked to see it was a complete new one. I thought they'd just send a device.

pmendu

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Mine wouldn't even power back on to get into safe mode. I tried all of the suggested steps as per Google support. I just received my replacement. I was shocked to see it was a complete new one. I thought they'd just send a device.
It's a overnight shipment?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress