Media casting to TV

tribbleorlfl

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
So, I've really come to love my XL as the best phone I've ever owned. Sure, there are some features I wish it had and some growing pains when it comes to software and hardware, but none of that has been a deal breaker.

Until tonight. I just discovered that my shiny new phone doesn't support Miracast, the wireless display standard in thousands of models and likely millions of devices in homes worldwide, and particularly all of my TV's.

I get they have Chromecast and would like us to use it over other methods, but frankly, I don't need one as my TV's are less than 2 years old and fully-featured smart TV's. I shouldn't be made to buy a CC dongle just so I can stream video from my phone to TV's, a feature that worked on the S7edge the Pixel replaced. Had I known this, I likely would not have purchased the Pixel but gone with the v20 instead.

That being said, when I called Google support, they told me there were third party apps I could download that would allow me to use Miracast. Can anyone recommend one?

Second, my main TV (LG) also has WiFi Direct sharing that also worked flawlessly with the S7. However, something is wrong as once I pair the phone and TV, the phone says it's connected but the TV never registers the connection ruin; it just keeps cycling.

Has anyone else had trouble using WiFi direct sharing on their Pixels? I called LG tech support but after trying all of their steps they said it was Google's problem.

Any advice for all of these problems (other than buying a Chromecast or another new TV)?

Joe Vile

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Bubble upnp has worked flawlessly for me for years coming from a note 4 i have noticed no difference whatsoever. What exactly are you trying to cast? Your own videos or netflix etc?