Pixel Keyboard Missing

A

AC Question

I turned off the app "Google App" because I didn't like the sliding on the home screen. Of course, this turned off everything so I turned it back on. However, when I went back to it the keyboard didn't reappear. I figured, I just re-enabled the app, maybe it needs a restart. I restart my phone and try to log in but the keyboard is still gone and I can't log into my phone in order to see if I have the keyboard app still disabled or something. Is there a way to get into the phone without having to type in the password?

simonf01

May 23, 2017
Visit site
This was me but I'd like to say the issue is resolved. I plugged in an external keyboard using that adapter that comes with it and was able to turn GBoard back on.

leanne1973

Jun 4, 2017
Visit site
This has happened to me today. I tried to upload a video on Facebook and it only offered me the microphone option, no keyboard. So without thinking, I foolishly restarted my phone. Now I'm locked out. It recognises my fingerprint, and then asks for my password, but I cannot input one as I have no touchscreen keyboard with which to do so. I don't have an external keyboard, and I don't really want to spend £71 getting one to fix the problem... is there any work around where I don't have to reset my phone? I have pictures and videos on it that I don't want to lose

Last edited:

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I think the external keyboard is your only real option.

However, rather than purchasing one, surely you can get someone to let you use one for all of 60 seconds, no? Perhaps in your local phone store or other retailer?

fanaticalism

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
This has happened to me today. I tried to upload a video on Facebook and it only offered me the microphone option, no keyboard. So without thinking, I foolishly restarted my phone. Now I'm locked out. It recognises my fingerprint, and then asks for my password, but I cannot input one as I have no touchscreen keyboard with which to do so. I don't have an external keyboard, and I don't really want to spend £71 getting one to fix the problem... is there any work around where I don't have to reset my phone? I have pictures and videos on it that I don't want to lose
You wont lose anything on a pixel. It's all backed up to Google photos. The only thing you may lose is content from apps like messenger and so forth if you didn't opt to back up the images in those apps when photos prompted.