September update

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
At this point I'm starting to think the September update is going to be skipped and go right to October. This is the longest I have ever had to wait for an update.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I got the September update as soon as I turned on my original pixel for the first time a couple days ago..... that was over wifi with no sim card installed. I set my pixel up first and completely upgraded it from Nougat to Oreo to Pie without the sim, then factory reset it and added the sim last because I wanted to be sure Pie was going to work right after all the problems I've been reading about, and I didn't want to take my then current phone out of action till I knew I could count on Pie....... it's working better than any other Android version I've ever used...... and the Bluetooth is fantastic ;-)

Android_Fan_1

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
At this point I'm starting to think the September update is going to be skipped and go right to October. This is the longest I have ever had to wait for an update.

Same here. I've never had to wait this long for a security update. I unenrolled in the beta in the beginning of the month and have since tried updating my Pixel XL but no dice.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey gang... For giggles.. Those of you getting the update now... what's your build number after the update? I got the update on time and my build number is PPR2.180905.006.A1

Mine is same except without the "A1" bought from Google Store / unlocked on T-Mobile( got OTA Sept 10)

Edit: And yes on the Google Factory Images they show the Sept Update with the "A1" is for VZW

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non