What is the current way to change play store location?

bazgrant

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I really would like to change my play store location to UK (as I'm from UK, just don't currently live there), there are a few apps I would like but are "currently unavailable in your location". I have tried every method I have found through googling to change the play store location; I have changed address and credit card in google wallet to a UK one, I have used a UK VPN, a UK sim card and cleared data and cache of play store and download manager, I have bought an app using uk card, even left it on the pay screen for over 30 minutes after paying for it but nothing seems to work, I am still stuck on the crappy UAE play store

Can anybody shed any light on google's current way of changing the play store please?

Dr Rose

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
First of all, clear any cache or info that might be stored in play store app then switch your phone to flight mode with Wifi enabled, it will prevent play store to make sense of your location by checking cellular data, now connect to UK VPN account and access play store, it's more likely to open UK store. You may get back to normal mode whenever you finish up with store.
In a case you want to purchase any apps, avoid using free VPN as such providers are more likely to log your activities and serve contextual ads while you're connected. They're also more likely to use your usage habits to tailor future ads to you, have fewer exit locations, and weak commitments to privacy so if logging and privacy are important to you, you may want to avoid them.
Moreover ,try to use dedicated UK Ip instead on the shared one. Dedicated IP accounts are VPN accounts that will always be the same IP whenever you connect. These IP's are assigned to you, at a specific location, and will remain yours the entire time your account remains active. Having a dedicated IP VPN offers advantages over using a shared IP. For one thing, having your own dedicated IP means you are far less likely to be blocked.
The following article could give you better idea of dedicated VPN services:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...m%2Fblog%2Fdedicated-ip-vpn%2F&token=PsQZx5HX

Hope it could help.

bazgrant

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your replies, PowerLemons; that app and others like it have not been updated for a long time and no longer work because Google have changed the way they determine your location.

Dr Rose, unfortunately that didn't work either. I really cannot understand why this is proving to be so difficult. Do you, or anybody else, have any other ideas please? :)

timmy2702

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
You can use vpn or stocks to change your IP. Also, did you try to create a new gmail account that is located in a different country? I haven't tried that, but I'm pretty sure the VPN or other IP changing methods work perfectly in this situation. You can look up some free one like ultrasurf, strongvpn ....