Can't access Google Play - says browser is no longer supported. How can I fix this?

A

AC Question

Can't access Google Play - says browser is no longer supported.

Hi,

I've somehow deleted Google Play from my phone. I've done a factory reset and it still hasn't come back. It just says that this browser is no longer supported. Any ideas?

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can't access Google Play - says browser is no longer supported.

Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Is it rooted? If it's unrooted and if Google Play Store was preinstalled on the phone, then it can't be deleted. Did you disable Google Play Services?

Where is that "browser no longer supported" message showing up?

Russ Browne

May 18, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same problem with my 4 year old LG Android phone, as soon as I type google play (there is no built in app for google play, only LG app adviser) into my browser and try to go there I get the message that my browser is no longer supported and I cannot get into google play. So how do I update the browser when both Chrome and Firefox direct me to google play to do it?

Thanks Russ

Last edited:

Samantha McEwen

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I have the same exact problem. I have an LG-L38C no carrier, which had the google play store preinstalled. One day the signal bar on my phone went from green to white. After that I couldn't access the google play store. I even tried doing it on the browser and it says "This browser is no longer supported..." I am confused and extremely angry.

SteveInMalta

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung S3 and it has the same problem, has anybody mentioned a solution?

I try to download Google Chrome for Android, I get the webpage for the download and click on Install, my phone displayes the message

This browser is no longer supported Please use the Google Play Store App to access Play, but the Play Store app is not available

quattroGuy61

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issue on an old Pandigital tablet. And since it would appear that ALL android apps are now handled through play store, I'm screwed from adding any new apps.
:(

FigureZero5

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
There are alternative ways to download and install applications on an android mobile device without referring to "Google Play". Android application files are usually .apk files. For the case of actually downloading and installing Google Play, just search for "Google Play apk" file. Sites like "APK4Fun" have most common android application files available open to download. But using .apk files from sources other than "Google Play" isn't always a secure thing to do, so choose at your discretion.

If you are having problems installing the application or even downloading it, try a PC android device manager like "MobileGo" by Wondershare. Install the application on your PC and via USB connect your android device to the PC. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your device and the device is sync with the PC and not just charging. Once the MobileGo program identifies your android device you can install .apk files to your android device via PC by choosing install app and finding the .apk file on you downloaded on your computer.

akhter khan

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I've somehow deleted Google Play from my phone. I've done a factory reset and it still hasn't come back. It just says that this browser is no longer supported. Any ideas?

Thanks.

But no my question your sugetion about my question I need my question is that my samsung galaxy mobile not play store working please my question is that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Buzzydee

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
Had the same issue
Somehow Google Play gone
Can't download because browser not supported ....aughhh
Wasted soooo much time. Tried almost everything, except back up restore. ..really didn't want to do that
This is so simple to rectify
Go to your Samsung Galaxy app and update it !!
It will find Google Play App and Galaxy Apps and vola you have it back!

James Claypool

Aug 20, 2018
Visit site
I believe ev
Had the same issue
Somehow Google Play gone
Can't download because browser not supported ....aughhh
Wasted soooo much time. Tried almost everything, except back up restore. ..really didn't want to do that
This is so simple to rectify
Go to your Samsung Galaxy app and update it !!
It will find Google Play App and Galaxy Apps and vola you have it back!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress