What, if anything, will make you pass on the Galaxy Nexus?

Deal breakers:

• Total voters

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I know that feature phones don't have bloat. We are talking Android here.
Okay sorry... the feature phone comment is a joke I couldn't resist.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

Galaxy Nexus is officially in VZW's system...you going to shut down your account now or wait until the 3rd?

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Galaxy Nexus is officially in VZW's system...you going to shut down your account now or wait until the 3rd?

KHbwvJZPVr_manbearpig.jpg

Tripsyk

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Probably the screen being too big. Coming from an Incredible, I'm used to my rather tiny 3.7" display. The jump to a 4.65" is going to take some getting used to. The battery life wouldn't be an issue seeing as how a root and custom kernels should be out within months of the Prime's release.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Just thought of something that would make me pass it up...exclusivity at best buy stores. Droid Life brought up an excellent point of that potentially happening since that was the case with the Nexus S when it first launched. Since I would be buying full retail, it could cost up to $700-$800. Best Buy always jacks up their full retail pricing on their phones. For an example, the Bionic is $700 at BB while its $590 at Verizon.

I really hope that isn't the case.

GravityDroid

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
What's your one deal breaker for this phone?

Hello everyone, new here, and new to the world of android. I've never had any phone in my entire life that wasn't a to-go phone or costed over $30, simply because my mom wouldn't pay for it and in the past I simply didn't care to much. Now that I have some money of my own and want to get a top of the line phone, I don't think there's anywhere better to start than with this one and its brand new ICS.

For someone like me, coming from what I have (I currently have a Samsung SGH-A177, look it up for a laugh) I really don't think there's anything on this phone that would be a deal breaker. Its so unbelievably better than what I have now, and treats me to so many simple luxuries that I've never experienced that I'm pretty much going to get it no matter what. I'm curious though, for those of you who have been on this ride with android for so long and currently have phones near the top; what, if anything, would be a deal breaker for you guys on this phone? Is there anything Samsung could announce tonight that would simply make you not want it?
Thanks for the answers, and nice to be a part of this community! :D

Stein357

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Re: What's your one deal breaker for this phone?

If it doesn't have enough space to store all my music, which is currently sitting at 15.5GB. That will immediately disqualify it.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

I dunno... I suppose you could say 4G, but I'm pretty sure 4G is all but confirmed, so that's a non-issue.

The biggest deal breaker to me would be if the phone wasn't vanilla Android/ bloat-free. That is my biggest draw to the phone; I really want the plain Android experience, without the crap from manufacturers and carriers. Being that it's a Nexus phone, it *should* be free from these things, but rumors have bounced around about TouchWiz possibly being out on the device, and stuff, so...

The only other thing I'm kinda looking at (but not really concerned about) is the battery. As it is, I can get decent battery life out of my Thunderbolt, with a 1400 mAH battery, so anything higher than that will be good for me. I'm expecting 1750, which again, should be good for me, but I'm secretly hoping the rumors about it being 1900 or even 2050 have some truth to them.

DFWPhotoguy

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

If its not out on ATT by December. My 3gS ear speaker is broken, headphone jack is broken and bluetooth doesn't work so I can only talk on speaker phone. I NEED a working phone and wont leave ATT since I am grandfathered in at this point.

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site

Just if it doesn't come to Verizon. At this point there really is no other deal breakers. Even the lower end specs that have been mentioned are more than good enough now. I'm done waiting on a phone that meets all my needs.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

Battery life, which sucks because I'm buying it day one and won't have a chance to see real life testing.

wstevens

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

If it is truly a Verizon exclusive, that would kind of kill it for me. After owning the Nexus S 4G, I plan on sticking with the Nexus line of phones. I'm not willing to switch from Sprint at this point though.

Not that it would be ideal, but I can wait a few months for the Galaxy Nexus to arrive on Sprint. I just hope it doesn't end up like the Nexus One did, never making it to Sprint.

I suppose I would be fine with getting Ice Cream Sandwich fairly quickly on my Nexus S 4G and waiting a few months for the actual Galaxy Nexus to arrive on Sprint.