What, if anything, will make you pass on the Galaxy Nexus?

Deal breakers:

• Total voters

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
The battery life is the first thing, yes I know the phone is "powerful" but the battery needs to get me through a average day. I am OK if I am burning it up and need to bump charge but if I am just hiking through the woods and not calling or GPS I expect a full day.
Number two is that I am wondering how the curved phone will fit in an arm band if I am walking or at the gym. I use the arm band so that bluetooth headphones don't drop out.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure I will like how curved it is. Will have to see it to be sure. Also, I still love my ThunderBolt so I'm not really in a hurry to replace it. I might wait and see how much more delayed VoLTE is. Or I might at least wait for the 2nd-generation LTE radios to see if that improves battery life and the data connectivity issues.

Thanks, Robrecht

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
TouchWiz and lack of 4G would be the main two that would stop me from buying. I'm hoping the battery it's decent, but my Thunderbolt lasts long enough with a 1400 mHA battery, so as long as the Prime has more than 1400, I think it'll be fine, that way.

BoostHungry

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that will have me passing on the Prime is hardware.

IF the Prime gets the new TI OMAP 4460 instead of the Exynos 4212 AND we hear a release date for a phone with either the 32nm Exynos 4212 or the new 28nm SnapDragon (that may have LTE capability on its chip) I will continue to wait. If the Prime is launched with the TI 4460 and we dont hear about the Exynos or SnapDragon I will still get the Prime.

I know people are tired of hearing about hardware comparisons and I know that the phone market is constantly changing, but I want the best and newest so that I'm not immediately outdated considering I'm going to have the phone for 20 some odd months. Please don't flame me for my opinion.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Battery could be a deal breaker but I don't expect it to be better until the next generation of LTE chipsets is ready. And from what I've read, that won't happen till some time in 2012. So expect poor battery life or compromises in other areas of the phone to achieve better battery life on a LTE-enabled phone.

Unfortunately, it's the nature of the beast. :(

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a 3.1 screen I hope this phone isn't too big and can fit in my pocket. I mean honestly isn't 5-inch considered a tablet, which this phone is edging up against?

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a 3.1 screen I hope this phone isn't too big and can fit in my pocket. I mean honestly isn't 5-inch considered a tablet, which this phone is edging up against?

No it isn't; the extra screen length occupies the space that previously would have had the hardware buttons. As a result the phone is the same general size as phones with a 4.3" screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia