New to Galaxy Nexus and ICS. (I also have Galaxy Note)

trinxified

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up a Galaxy Nexus alongside my Galaxy Note (NA version) now.

What should I know/be aware of in terms of optimizing or making my Nexus better? Apparently there's a screen/brightness problem with this?

Also, the main reason I grabbed a Nexus is to experience vanilla Android OS. Touchwiz isn't so bad for me, but now that I realize the difference, I'm glad I got both phones.

Thanks guys!

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Just read around... there aren't a ton of issues. Come ask if you have a specific problem but you shouldn't be hunting for issues.

The only "problem" with brightness is that auto-brightness tends to push for the low side (to save battery).

3ibs

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
Just read around... there aren't a ton of issues. Come ask if you have a specific problem but you shouldn't be hunting for issues.

The only "problem" with brightness is that auto-brightness tends to push for the low side (to save battery).

I have it on auto-brightness but haven't noticed that it's too dark.

dsuppa

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I have it on auto-brightness but haven't noticed that it's too dark.

Same I always kept auto brightness on except for when watching a movie, then I jack the brightness to about 70%.......BATTERY LIFE BE DAMNED!!!!
One thing I've done for when I really need the extra battery life for the the day is run Juice Defender to turn of mobile data and and WiFi when the screen is off and just enable every 15 minutes to check for emails or IMs, etc.... Its great if your out and about with your phone just sitting idly in your pocket, sucks when youre using it frequently since it takes a few seconds for data signal to kick back on.

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Went to bed last night, this is where I was-

WmenG.png

Not one complaint! Completely stock.

dbareis

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
No I'm new to android. How do I find out which app it is?

In your 2nd picture the "Awake" row is solid for quite a while while the screen is still off. You will note that your battery level falls off faster from this time.

I use BetterBatteryStats ("http://www.appbrain.com/app/betterbatterystats/com.asksven.betterbatterystats"), but the free version of Badass Battery Monitor (Badass Battery Monitor for Android | AppBrain.com) can also help you identify it.

Easiest is if you remember which one you started. GetJar is one such app that causes me issues.

Bye,
Dennis

3ibs

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
In your 2nd picture the "Awake" row is solid for quite a while while the screen is still off. You will note that your battery level falls off faster from this time.

I use BetterBatteryStats ("http://www.appbrain.com/app/betterbatterystats/com.asksven.betterbatterystats"), but the free version of Badass Battery Monitor (Badass Battery Monitor for Android | AppBrain.com) can also help you identify it.

Easiest is if you remember which one you started. GetJar is one such app that causes me issues.

Bye,
Dennis

I'll get Badass Battery Monitor and try it out and report back. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm doing through todays profile and there isn't a solid row like the one in my previous screen shot.

Edit: I'm not really sure what I'm looking at in the app. How can I tell what's keeping the phone awake and draining battery?

Last edited:

dbareis

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I'll get Badass Battery Monitor and try it out and report back. I'm doing through todays profile and there isn't a solid row like the one in my previous screen shot.

Edit: I'm not really sure what I'm looking at in the app. How can I tell what's keeping the phone awake and draining battery?
Did you boot your phone since, if so that might be why it stiopped, its also possible that you were using something like the GPS which needed the phone awake.

Try Settings->App Sucker, View Time held Awake

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elizabethstephen