Whats taking up space on my Galaxy Nexus

beargold23

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Im having a hard time finding whats actually taking up space on my phone, see the screenshot below. something is not right. Im thinking it maybe backups or something, but it not showing

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Its very possible. The bulk of storage on my phone that is being taken up is from backups. I always keep about 2 backups, its a chunk no doubt. But, it just looks like you have a lot of music, movies, pictures from the screenshot. I have been using Google Music so I don't have to store any music on my phone, and its a saver. :D

demonmz

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Try the LazyList folder, on my SGS it was huge, like at least 500mb. I deleted it and it seemed safe. It will eventually be created again, but meanwhile you eill free some space :)

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Do you have Astro or have mounted it to your PC? With Astro or connected to your PC, you can go through the directories. There can be lots of stuff, like crashdump info located in /debug, that use space but don't show up.

If you use a browser like Dolphin, it can store cache info on the "SD Card" [its description]. Try clearing cache info your browsers or any other apps that have might make use of cached files.

Bren S.

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Im having a hard time finding whats actually taking up space on my phone, see the screenshot below. something is not right. Im thinking it maybe backups or something, but it not showing
How is it that you have 28 + gb ??
The Nexus comes with 16gb stock.

DroidDavi

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I would say back up everything to your pc and delete your whole card. I had a crazy amount of crash logs and temp folders those things add up

razortaz18

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
It's clearly a 32GB Verizon model. Readily available from any big red store. Notice the 4G icon.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
It's the caches from your apps. They don't get factored in under storage.

Sent from my AOSP Android 4.1.1 Galaxy Nexus

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87