Tmobile prepaid + google voice voicemail

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
So I hear these two services don't work well together,

Has anyone use their tmobile sim card number with google voice voicemail. I want people to call my sim but google to manage the voicemail aspect.

Thanks

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
As I said in the other thread, my understanding from reading other user accounts is that they are able to call and disable T-Mobile voicemail, then simply set up the Google Voice app to handle your voicemail.

But I'd like to hear from someone that did this. When I was on T-Mobile Prepaid I was using my Google Voice # as my primary #, so I didn't have that situation.

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
No that doesn't work when I searched. It seems that the phone will just ring out, which is even worse.

There was some work around where someone set the phone to forward to the Google voice number ice cream doesn't allow it apparently.

rcrh

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
That's exactly what I do. Tmobile has turned off voicemail and all calls to my google voice number to to Google's voice mail. The only problem is if someone actually calls my tmo number and I'm on the phone - they get a message saying I'm out of service. But, no one has that number so it really isn't an issue.

chunkcohen

May 4, 2011
Visit site
That's exactly what I do. Tmobile has turned off voicemail and all calls to my google voice number to to Google's voice mail. The only problem is if someone actually calls my tmo number and I'm on the phone - they get a message saying I'm out of service. But, no one has that number so it really isn't an issue.

Yep, that's only caveat. If you're on T-Mo prepaid, you have to be "all-in" with Google Voice to use their VM reliably because they don't give you call forwarding with prepaid. But of course, this isn't a problem, provided that you're only giving out your GV number.

The only thing that turning off carrier voicemail actually does is prevent carrier VM from ever picking up when someone calls the actual handset number. This is mostly a measure to prevent the annoying VM notification that only goes away when you actually check your carrier VM.

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
How many times does your phone ring before voicemail picks up when someone calls your Google voice number?

Yep, that's only caveat. If you're on T-Mo prepaid, you have to be "all-in" with Google Voice to use their VM reliably because they don't give you call forwarding with prepaid. But of course, this isn't a problem, provided that you're only giving out your GV number.

The only thing that turning off carrier voicemail actually does is prevent carrier VM from ever picking up when someone calls the actual handset number. This is mostly a measure to prevent the annoying VM notification that only goes away when you actually check your carrier VM.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums