New GNX Owner

lgGslateuser

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to say to the group. I decided to purchase a used Galaxy Nexus off eBay the other day to hold me over until I can decide what my new phone will be. I've had an upgrade sitting in my pocket for about 4 months now and just couldn't decide what to do. Originally was looking at the HTC One but Verizon took way to long to get that out ( still waiting actually ). Then I thought I had decided on the Moto X, I was excited for the launch and I'm happy with the spec since i'm not a power user but once I saw that Verizon wasn't getting the customization until later I had to do something. I have to say for a phone that's nearly two years old this phone functions great. Much better than the two year old Droid 3 I was using. 4.2.2 on this thing and it fly's. This phone has me hoping that Verizon decides to carry the next nexus phone but i'm not holding my breath.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I too just ordered a GN off ebay to use while I wait for my local "authorized reseller" to get a Droid Maxx in, and to serve as my backup phone. (My Razr died in a river, and using my OG Droid is killing me, I can barely make phone calls.)

Is there anything I should check when I get the phone? I'm sure rooting & roms are common, and I may play with that eventually, but I'm more looking for common issues to look for, or really outstanding accessories, etc. I've had 2 other Android phones and both generations of Nexus 7, so I'm generally familiar with what can be done with Android.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87