Update help...

sratson

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I have a Sprint GNex currently on 4.0.4 with FD02 radio. I had rooted it when I got it to load a roam-only patch that never worked, but of course now I can't update it OTA.. I used to have a WebOS phone and rooted the **** out of it, but I am a bit leary messing with this since I have so much on it now I don't want to lose anything.. I have Titanium backup on it so I can back everything up, but I don't know if I do a full update if it will allow me to restore everything if it gets wiped out.
Can anyone help walk me through flashing the new OS so I don't lose anything?
Thanks...

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I have a Sprint GNex currently on 4.0.4 with FD02 radio. I had rooted it when I got it to load a roam-only patch that never worked, but of course now I can't update it OTA.. I used to have a WebOS phone and rooted the **** out of it, but I am a bit leary messing with this since I have so much on it now I don't want to lose anything.. I have Titanium backup on it so I can back everything up, but I don't know if I do a full update if it will allow me to restore everything if it gets wiped out.
Can anyone help walk me through flashing the new OS so I don't lose anything?
Thanks...

Welcome to the forums. Do you have a custom recovery installed?

sratson

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
It was a while ago since I rooted it , but I used the Galaxy Nexus Toolkit to do it. Pretty sure it installed a custom recovery. How do I know for sure?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You can try. I have always had mixed luck with that. I do know batch backups tend to fail, so do it one at a time.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Could also try Helium which seems to work well on restoring apps/data

Sent from my awesome HTC One