[Official] I received the new update for my Revue thread

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Thought it would be a good idea for those of us who have received the new 3.1 update to post their results for other members who are still waiting for it.

Since updates are usually pushed out by select areas at a time... list where you are.

I'm in S.I. New York.... update received today :)

nathaniz

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Note: some of this is repeat from a previous post in another thread.

Got my update yesterday morning. Like most, had to reboot for the apps to update and to add Google Music.

I like the UI: a bit slicker and more sensible. The new Movies & TV replacing the What's On function is great. Lets me look at only what I'm interested in seeing listed unlike Xfinity guide which is horrible and not customizable. Much easier to view and figure out than the old What's On format.

Speed is sluggish, but can't be sure it's not my inconsistent Comcast signal.

Found a few interesting apps in the market like the Canadian Film Board app with some great free films. The market's a bit thin for Google TV specific apps. I'm sure more will be available over time.

I never disliked the old Google TV. I'm liking this one much better. Pleased as punch so far overall.

My one big concern/question: space for apps! After initial run throughs and downloading a few things, I have only 290MB left. I formatted a 4GB Cruzer and plugged it in. WIll it act like an SD card for additional app storage? Does anyone know the answer to this or has anyone tried it yet? I'm not a noob, but I am pretty ignorant about how this stuff works and skitchy about messing stuff up I don't understand, so take it easy on me...

danperde

Not quite a noob
Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Portland, Oregon here. I got the update yesterday evening. I purchased my revue on the first day when it went on sale for $99.

After you install the apps you have to option to move them on "SD card". This is your usb storage device, if you have one attached.

One thing that sucks with the update: Logitech media player plays my mkv movies but no sound!!!! WTF!! It worked with 2.1, now only the image is running. Way to go Logitech!

randomprandom

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the update is by region or locaton.
I have 2 boxes, and only one of them has received the update. It's probably by serial number or something .

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Still nothing here. Atlanta area. I have read that the remaining 50% of the revues are going to get the update after 10:00 pm today, pacific time.

RoadBicyclist

May 16, 2010
Visit site
My one big concern/question: space for apps! After initial run throughs and downloading a few things, I have only 290MB left. I formatted a 4GB Cruzer and plugged it in. WIll it act like an SD card for additional app storage? Does anyone know the answer to this or has anyone tried it yet? I'm not a noob, but I am pretty ignorant about how this stuff works and skitchy about messing stuff up I don't understand, so take it easy on me...

Same here, I have the same question. Please experts, let us know the answer to this one. I do know my way around my EVO 4G pretty well, but my Revue is too new for my overall knowledge.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Got my email on 12/8. Just turned it on today and it was waiting for me. I came from the leak and had no issues with getting it or installing. In NJ.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

funlap38

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Woke up this morning to my update waiting for me here in Central North Carolina. Now I want to play, but I've got to go to work. Damn you need for income!

Unibrow

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Got the update Friday and honestly, thus far, I'm not impressed with it really at all. I really liked the way the revue worked before and as of right now it does exactly the same as before but not as well. if given the chance, I would revert back without a seconds thought.

The things I do like about it is sideloading, although for the most part, this hasn't been terribly beneficial in any way. I am in no way happy with the new home screen launcher so I sideloaded ADW and I like it more although it has a very gingerbread feel to it now, in terms of layout.

The things I miss mostly is the, and I can't exactly remember what the name of the tab was, "what's on" section. The new app is sluggish compared to the old menu and although it has more eye candy it takes a lot more steps to see what is on tv at a moments notice. This was a huge benefit for me because it was a million times easier than going through my cable providers cable menu's especially since I don't watch much tv and have no idea what's on at any given moment.

So to close, I'm not saying it's a bad update just that it didn't really bring anything to the table for me at least and that I'm slightly disappointed. My daughter is actually more bummed than me and she keeps asking me if there is any way to revert the device to gingerbread. /shrug :-\

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
So to close, I'm not saying it's a bad update just that it didn't really bring anything to the table for me at least and that I'm slightly disappointed. My daughter is actually more bummed than me and she keeps asking me if there is any way to revert the device to gingerbread. /shrug :-\

GTVHacker does not have an easy way to downgrade and the old version was 2.1 which was called Froyo. Personally, Honeycomb handles flash content better so I get less crashes, so that is enough for me to enjoy the update.

RoadBicyclist

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I only had issues playing ESPN3, Flash crashed within 5 minutes. I think Logitech will have to send another update to fix this issue. YouTube worked perfectly in Chrome and the app itself also.

I've had my Revue for 2 weeks, I'm happier now with the new UI, the layout is nice. Except for PIP, I liked the way 2.1 worked before, more simple instead of popping another window to decide what to do, that was a bad design decision.

rydo88

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded it and now my revue is sitting there with both front lights on and no signal to the TV. How did the update go for you guys who are running HC? Was there an on screen install or no indication of it doing anything? Also, how long did it take you (mine's been sitting there for half an hour now, don't want to unplug it if it's flashing itself)?

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez