Should I Buy the Logitech Revue

sjd2246

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Its pretty cheap now. I know its not going to be supported by Logitech. Basically does it perform well? Or should I wait for new google TV devices?

Any help is appreciated!

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I have two of them... I have no complaints really.. especially for a first generation product. Internet browsing isn't the fastest... that's really the one thing that bothers me. I would say wait for the new stuff coming out this year.. much faster processors and I'm sure they'll be a huge improvement overall... but who knows when that will happen.. it may not be until the end of the year. If you can't wait... I think they're going for around $100 right now so that's not that bad of a deal even if you only use the Revue for a year.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I bought one a few months ago, although I do enjoy it I am waiting for the new ones to come out before picking up a new one. The Vizio one is rumored to be at the $99 price point.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
No. The first gen Sony products were better. I have the Revue and the Sony Blu-Ray. The GTV experience seems much faster on the Sony and it doesn't crash nearly as often. My Revue has been having SEVERAL crashes and hangs recently... seems like the flash memory is going bad.

TJH

arrowheadtech

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I really liked my Revue (bought it late 2010) but after I got the Sony GTV Blu-ray player, the Revue just became inadequate. The Sony devices are really nice, the keyboard is awesome, you get much better hardware, and it's a much more stable platform. I would pass on the Revue honestly, the Sony devices and I'd bet the Vizio and others coming out later this year are much better.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
For $99 the Revue is good enough. Have there even been any release dates announced for any new GTV devices? And the Vizio one is the only one I have heard of so far. I know there must be others in the works, but with not even a rumor, how long will they take to get to market?

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
For the price, the revue blows other STB's out of the water. Just understand tht this is not a high end android device - it streams video extremely well, and runs some apps. It is a good gaming machine - nope - but it blows roku, WD, and even Apple TV out in terms of funcionality and expandability. Even if new devices were out right now - if they cost more than 150 or so (and they will most likely cost twice that) the revue is still the smart buy.

kombatkarl

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I got my Revue as a Christmas gift after it dropped to $99. I'm happy with it. I don't use it much, but that would be true of any set top box I had. I wish more apps were compatible with it. But I love the TV & Movies app. I use that all the time actually.