Sony streamer vs Sony BD Player GTV

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Is there a reason why the second gen Sony streamer would be slower and laggier than the first gen BD player?

I have both and notice the BD player is a much smoother experience all around. Reviews of the Vizio, LG TV and upcoming Hisense indicate lag, too. What's going on here?

TJH

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I, too, have both. In general, I think the new streamer is much faster than my original BD player. One thing I read is that bluetooth controllers are slower to wake than the RF controllers. Just something I'm still monitoring.

Chris Gerhard

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I have both the NSZ-GT1 and NSZ-GS7 as well and don't notice any differences in speed yet. I was waiting for the NSZ-GP9 and it was cancelled, the NSZ-GS7 dropped in price so I bought it. I do expect apps developed for the ARM processor specifically to make the newer model better eventually but as things stand now, the NSZ-GT1 with better code support is the better box for me. The Logitech K700 keyboard works great with the NSZ-GT1 but not as well with the NSZ-GS7 so I may have to learn to use that cool little Bluetooth remote, I have not used a little qwerty keyboard much and hate it so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699