Problem with streaming sometimes

jjenson

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Sometimes while streaming on the logitech revue all of a suddenit stops and says unable to stream. But all i do is go to network settings wireless connection and turn it off then back on then go back to netflix and it works perfectly.

Any idea why this would hqppen? I am using a WPA2 security connection.

jjenson

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I am connecting VIA WIFI and my connection speed is timed at 15mb/s.

The streaming is perfect it just dies all of a sudden and I just have to turn wifi off then back on and it continues to stream perfectly for hours until this happens again.

myalover

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Your connection speed is certainly more than enough. The only think I can think of is possible WiFi interference.

Consider changing the channel you're broadcasting on in you router settings.

moliva1568

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
sorry to hijack. i don't have this type of problem but when i'm streaming my netflix, my sons xbox 360 loses it's connection. my incredible and my laptop maintain their wi-fi connection. is the streaming hogging up too much of the network? i added the "boost service" to my internet account to increase the speed.

myalover

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
sorry to hijack. i don't have this type of problem but when i'm streaming my netflix, my sons xbox 360 loses it's connection. my incredible and my laptop maintain their wi-fi connection. is the streaming hogging up too much of the network? i added the "boost service" to my internet account to increase the speed.

It is possible your Netflix Streaming "hogging" your bandwidth. Do you know your internet speeds are? how much did the "boost service" add? The reason your other two are likey NOT being disconnected is because they don't require a full time connection while Xbox Live does.

Is the Xbox connected via WiFi? If so, you might want to test the connection while be connected via Ethernet as well (if possible) as I've heard some bad reviews of playing Xbox Live while on WiFi.

moliva1568

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
My standard ISP speed is 15mbps and the boost takes it to 30. The xbox is in my sons room and the router is in the living room. He only seems to have trouble when I'm doing netflix. I'm going to stream the netflix from my ps3 and see if that affects him on xbox live.

myalover

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
My standard ISP speed is 15mbps and the boost takes it to 30. The xbox is in my sons room and the router is in the living room. He only seems to have trouble when I'm doing netflix. I'm going to stream the netflix from my ps3 and see if that affects him on xbox live.

With a 30 mbps speeds, there's no reason Netflix should be stealing all of your bandwidth, unless your upstream is really weak (which I doubt). It'll be a good idea to test via PS3 to see if the problem is the same.

The only other thing I can think of is that your router is not able to properly handle the different requests from multiple machines so it might be a QoS issue. What kind of router do you have and how old is it?

moliva1568

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
the upload is 5mbps with the boost and at regular it was 2. i wondered if the router might have something to do with it. it's a belkin N router and it's about a year and a half. everything connected to it is doing so wireless.

thanks for the help by the way

myalover

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
the upload is 5mbps with the boost and at regular it was 2. i wondered if the router might have something to do with it. it's a belkin N router and it's about a year and a half. everything connected to it is doing so wireless.

thanks for the help by the way

I would say your next step is to start looking at your router settings. I am not familiar with Belkin routers, but a lot of routers will have QoS (Quality of Service) settings. If yours doesn't have this, consider resetting the router settings to stock and starting from scratch, and also check for any firmware updates.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87