Anyone thinking of getting one...or three?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Huge (for the area) single-floor house (2,400 square feet, and I'm the only thing here larger than a small insect). Even at the extremes, I get enough signal for full speed. I never thought about that when I was looking for a house - it has a huge garage - both cars are in a single-car garage, and it's filled with tools and workbenches - the "porch" is fully enclosed (and 37'X16'), so I'm outdoors but no bugs, the kitchen is so large that 3 chefs could be working in there at once without being in each others' way - and my router covers the entire house. Just luck, I guess. Now if someone would kick Samsung to come out with a new Note that was actually designed properly ... and no router is going to fix their terrible (so far) design.

OliverK

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
I have 6... I bought a 3 pack for parents home and my place; but I only needed 2 in my parents and I imagine 2 at most at mine. Which means I will have 2 spare for wifi emergencies in my car at all times! Lol

Amazon have it as "ship when available" so place an order there. They wont charge until it shipped but they are very good at getting things to you ASAP.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Thoughts on the setup process and performance?

Very easy. Setup is just opening the app and following exactly what it says. Just don't try and work ahead of it.

Performance on my Google WiFi was great. I went down to just 1 router since it covers my house so the 3-pack wasn't fully needed for me.

OliverK

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
I agree; great performance and easy to set up. Massively extended the range of my Wifi so the Outdoor Nest Cams do not cut out anymore and I have wifi in the driveway and that is on 2 units just like before 3 is overkill. Just a shame the actual connection I have is so slow.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
The design looks quite good. Anyone thinking of getting one of these?

I'm a really big fan of the design. Its so cool! Google always have this 'minimalist' design and it blends into your house so nicely. Additionally, the little LED light coming from the middle is awesome. Love lights haha. Hopefully it will be a late birthday present for me this year :D

Just a shame the actual connection I have is so slow.

I feel your pain. I have a 1 mbps line at home. Capable of downloading at 105 kbps per day lol.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm a really big fan of the design. Its so cool! Google always have this 'minimalist' design and it blends into your house so nicely. Additionally, the little LED light coming from the middle is awesome. Love lights haha. Hopefully it will be a late birthday present for me this year :D

I feel your pain. I have a 1 mbps line at home. Capable of downloading at 105 kbps per day lol.
1 Mbps at home? Ouch!

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I do not understand Google sometimes. I ordered two because the set of three was not available. I needed three but instead i just ordered two for now. I could have ordered three but did not want to spend that much money. I do not understand why Google is not allowing users to order 3 and when they are in the cart giving a discount to make it 299.

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I do not understand Google sometimes. I ordered two because the set of three was not available. I needed three but instead i just ordered two for now. I could have ordered three but did not want to spend that much money. I do not understand why Google is not allowing users to order 3 and when they are in the cart giving a discount to make it 299.

I don't think Google is very good at retail, to your point. But also if they did do that and then you return one for example, then they have to take back some (all?) of the credit etc. Becomes very messy and then they have to have people in the phone that can help with the return/credit, etc. It's a pain and not in their sweet spot. Good point though.