Remote power on/off

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I just switched to one of these as my home router and I absolutely love it! I may pick up a second to see if it can give me more speed in the farthest reaches of my home.

One thing I haven't figured out yet is if I can remotely power on and power down the network via the app. If this is possible can someone please explain how?

Thank you.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I just switched to one of these as my home router and I absolutely love it! I may pick up a second to see if it can give me more speed in the farthest reaches of my home.

One thing I haven't figured out yet is if I can remotely power on and power down the network via the app. If this is possible can someone please explain how?

Thank you.
You can't power it off but you can choose the "restart network" to reboot it when away. That's about the closest you can get.
66e56a7f4c3c98d651bad233047ea23d.jpg

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
You can't power it off but you can choose the "restart network" to reboot it when away. That's about the closest you can get. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170619/66e56a7f4c3c98d651bad233047ea23d.jpg

Thanks Almeuit. I've been playing with the app a bit so saw that. I was just wondering about remote shut down. It would be awesome if we could shut it down while away then power it up right before getting home again so it's ready to go. Guess that will go in my feedback to Google :)

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Almeuit. I've been playing with the app a bit so saw that. I was just wondering about remote shut down. It would be awesome if we could shut it down while away then power it up right before getting home again so it's ready to go. Guess that will go in my feedback to Google :)

Why do you want to? Power, security, ...?

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Why do you want to? Power, security, ...?

Both? We're currently having extreme heat here in CA so I was looking for ways to cut back on electricity somewhere. We're having to run the AC all day and night.

I was thinking why have our Network on while nobody's home? Save a couple cents maybe and also makes it more secure (being off).

And then I can just fire it up 10 minutes before getting home. I would love that level of control.