Miles logged

RIMMAN

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Perfect timing for this. I am working on a commitement to log 50 miles this month, starting this last Sunday. Doesnt matter how i log them, either walking, running, biking, rowing, or whatever. I keep my pedometer on me and through today i have logged 18 miles. (Also trying to drink more water)

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Last week I started a spinning class. That really kicks my butt!! Does anyone have any clue if I were to track miles what I would put down for my spinning time?

ikimashokie

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm aiming for 100 miles/30 days. The local news is sponsoring 100 miles in 100 days, and I thought that wasn't hardcore enough. I'm aiming for 4mi/day.

I'm using My Tracks, I started using it a month ago, and it's really snazzy. I also keep my Pokewalker on my pants all the time and try to get 1000 steps to get my 10 play coins on my 3DS, but My Tracks is good for when I set out on my daily walk.

For February I am at 2.06/100. Not walking for the past two weeks has done a number on me. :(

Last edited:

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
the bike you use in your class can not track both the time and the mileage?

I'm not sure if you have ever seen a spinning cycle. They do not track mileage. At least the models that I've used don't.

My workout's are typically 30 or 45 minutes.

ikimashokie

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday was another 2-miler. Sheesh I have gotten wimpy in month with no walks.

It also seems that mytracks was updated, so now the same walk registers as .2mi shorter than it used to.

Jerks.

RIMMAN

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok, from Sunday through today i have logged 30 miles. I should easily hit my goal of 50 miles and am now shooting for 100 miles by Feb. 25th. Im also averaging 5 bottles of water a day.

kiltedthrower

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
My problem is I hate running. I think it's absolutely boring no matter if you have people with you and music and etc. When I did my physique transformation contests, it was a must to get super lean for fasted morning treadmill stuff. But over all, I just don't like getting out and jogging.

I don't mind getting on the rowers and rowing. I don't mind swimming. I don't mind getting on a field and doing sprints. But to say just go and jog for 2,3,4, etc miles...I'd rather gorge my eyeballs out.

RIMMAN

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
OK, so yesterday was the end of week 1 and I logged 36 miles. It was all walking. I stated using the Endomondo app (free version) yesterday. I think I am going to add in a bike route on my days off and see how that works for me.

RIMMAN

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Would love to get a FitBit. The pedometer I'm using now has to be attached at juuust the right spot in order for it to track accurately. Aside from Phil, has anyone else used the FitBit? Or, Phil, if you would like to weigh in on its effectiveness as an accurate pedometer. The web site makes it sound like you can just toss it in your pocket.

(btw, walked 2.71 miles and biked 9.83 miles today. Legs were a bit wobbly afterwards.) :)

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
From what I hear the Fitbit works best on a belt or clipped to shorts or shirt. It can also clipped to a bra for the lady folk. And it can monitor your sleep habits.

The Nike+ Fuelband also looks neat albeit a bit pricey and will probably only work with the Niike+ website.

This was a really good morning for me. I was contemplating waiting until tomorrow, but then I heard it's likely to rain tomorrow, so I got my lazy bones out of bed and ran 5.31 miles in 46:43 min - pace of 8:48min.

Since Monday of last week, I've logged 21 miles total.

- John

RIMMAN

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
This was a really good morning for me. I was contemplating waiting until tomorrow, but then I heard it's likely to rain tomorrow, so I got my lazy bones out of bed and ran 5.31 miles in 46:43 min - pace of 8:48min.

Since Monday of last week, I've logged 21 miles total.

- John

Nice job!! Today was a little disappointing for me. Only got in a bit over 3.5 miles.

RIMMAN

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
OK, after yesterdays sub par mileage, I dragged myself out at 6:30 AM this morning to bike 10 miles. FREEZING!!! but it was worth it.

RIMMAN

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Biked another 10 miles this morning. It's getting easier. I tried to take it easy and it only added 5 minutes to my total time. The only downside to living in the Seattle area is that it rains the majority of the time. Biking in the rain no bueno.

Total miles logged this month so far: 75 :)

RIMMAN

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
OK, I need to change something up here. The last 2 days I have logged less than 4 miles per day, which is below what I have been doing. I've been working at 8 AM and by the time I am getting home it is dark. Need to get motivated to try a different solution. Today, weather permitting, I think I will take a walk on my lunch hour and see how many miles I can get in.