Gauging interest on an Upper/Lower body split workout app or integrating this into my current app

Evan_Parsons

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Before I invest time into this, I want to get a feel for what everyone thinks. This will not be just for novice, everyone will benefit from this (ideally)

First off, the science behind an upper/lower body split is that the protein synthesis window after a workout is about 48 hours. After 48 hours, you aren't gaining any muscle. So extra rest time is not needed even if you're sore. So if you have a typical "bro split", you're leaving a lot of gains on the table. Any more questions on this, feel free to ask. Not looking to offend anyone's regime!

General idea of the app:
Upperbody day: Benchpress, dips, arm curls, chest accessories + more
Lowerbody/Posterior chain: Deadlifts or Squats, leg extensions, leg curls + more

Notice shoulders isn't in there? You're smoking your shoulders on benchpress and the bench accessories, and also while doing deadlifts (assuming you don't use straps) I will add the option to include shoulder on chest day for anyone who insists on isolating your shoulders.

If your chest is sore, it will recommend doing the isolation movements first to get loosened up.

I already have an app that calculates your maximum muscular potential (paid app and can't post link yet, creating a free ad supported version soon) I was thinking about integrating this functionality into it. Take the users current measurements, and if their legs are already near maxed out for their genetic potential, recommend doing more arms.

For example, my legs are 24.5 inches and my max genetic potential is 24.6. My arms are only 16.2 inches, and my max potential is 16.7 inches. The app would advise doing more sets of arm curls on upper body day.

If a user is feeling lazy, they can choose to skip a bodypart or entire workout. However the app will big you not to skip leg day. The more they skip it, the more it annoys you to not skip it.

Open to feedback/suggestions. I can begin work on this app immediately.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Before I invest time into this, I want to get a feel for what everyone thinks. This will not be just for novice, everyone will benefit from this (ideally)

First off, the science behind an upper/lower body split is that the protein synthesis window after a workout is about 48 hours. After 48 hours, you aren't gaining any muscle. So extra rest time is not needed even if you're sore. So if you have a typical "bro split", you're leaving a lot of gains on the table. Any more questions on this, feel free to ask. Not looking to offend anyone's regime!

General idea of the app:
Upperbody day: Benchpress, dips, arm curls, chest accessories + more
Lowerbody/Posterior chain: Deadlifts or Squats, leg extensions, leg curls + more

Notice shoulders isn't in there? You're smoking your shoulders on benchpress and the bench accessories, and also while doing deadlifts (assuming you don't use straps) I will add the option to include shoulder on chest day for anyone who insists on isolating your shoulders.

If your chest is sore, it will recommend doing the isolation movements first to get loosened up.

I already have an app that calculates your maximum muscular potential (paid app and can't post link yet, creating a free ad supported version soon) I was thinking about integrating this functionality into it. Take the users current measurements, and if their legs are already near maxed out for their genetic potential, recommend doing more arms.

For example, my legs are 24.5 inches and my max genetic potential is 24.6. My arms are only 16.2 inches, and my max potential is 16.7 inches. The app would advise doing more sets of arm curls on upper body day.

If a user is feeling lazy, they can choose to skip a bodypart or entire workout. However the app will big you not to skip leg day. The more they skip it, the more it annoys you to not skip it.

Open to feedback/suggestions. I can begin work on this app immediately.

Hi Evan. I'm going to be a new Android user tomorrow (GS7 and Gear S3). I'm currently on WP using a Nokia Icon and a Band 2. The Band 2 is awesome for fitness. I can log into my dashboard and see all my stats, and there is a section where I can create my own workout program. I mean every exercise you can think of is in there. I can set up what exercises I want, how to perform the exercise or how many reps; rest times, circuit vs list; warm up; cool down and then sync that workout over to my Band 2. I pull up that exercise on the Band, hit the start button and the Band tracks each set for the prescribed time or reps.

Or, I can sync pre-developed workouts from various health partners and then just follow along as the Band tells me what to do.

This is the type of functionality I'm looking for. The ability to create my own workouts and then sync them to my Gear S3. If your app could do that.......I'd be all over it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress