Strange noise - upper part around camera.

A

AC Question

Honor 5x strange noise

I can hear a strange noise in the upper part of the phone (back panel) as if there was something loose inside.
The body doesn't click or anything and seems solid as advertised and reviewed but when I put the phone away eg. on a table I can hear this sound and it is a bit annoying to be honest. I don't know if that's the part which had not been fitted tight enough or it might be an element of the camera.
Tapping gently the back of the phone the sound starts to be noticeable only in the top quarter of the device.
Is that normal?

Krisqu071

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I can hear a strange, light noise in the upper part of the phone (back panel) as if there was something loose inside.
The body doesn't click or anything and seems solid as advertised and reviewed but when I put the phone away eg. on a table I can hear this sound and it is a bit annoying to be honest.
I don't know if that's the part which had not been fitted tight enough or it might be an element of the camera.
Tapping gently the back of the phone the sound starts to be noticeable only in the top quarter of the device.
Is that normal?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Honor 5x strange noise

Someone I know who has one has suggested that the fan bearings may be failing.
Also, use the haptic feedback setting and try to locate the vibrator by ear while tapping....it may be that.

AndyH42

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Honor 5x strange noise

Mine is the same, not as noticeable with a case on but it's definitely there.

Posted via the Android Central App

Sean Fanelli

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site

Someone I know who has one has suggested that the fan bearings may be failing.
Also, use the haptic feedback setting and try to locate the vibrator by ear while tapping....it may be that.

Could be the vibrator, there's not a fan in the phone

Posted via the Android Central App

Krisqu071

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site

Is the rattle still there when you have your camera app open?
Yes. Even when camera app open the sound is there. It is definitely a loose part. Probably not tighten enough. I'm in touch with honor support. Very inefficient so far as many links provided on their official outlet's website just seemed to be dead. Let's see what happens.

JanWr005ch

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Hi, how is it going with the Honor support?
I 'm having the same problem here with my Honor 5X.
Something loose inside around the camera area, when tapping gently on the back,
regardless of camera status or vibrator status.. :-

Markoeuw

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi, how is it going with the Honor support?
I 'm having the same problem here with my Honor 5X.
Something loose inside around the camera area, when tapping gently on the back,
regardless of camera status or vibrator status.. :-
did you get it fix what was the problem having same issue now.

lumivalo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site

Yes, this happened to me, and I think it's just the camera module not being glued or secured properly to the frame, but as long as you don't shake it, I think it should be okay.