HUAWEI Honor 6x BLN-L24 "Root access not properly installed on this device"

8lackie

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
For a minute I thought I knew what I was doing…I’m no longer so delusional. My Honor 6x is unlocked. I thought it was rooted too, but when i run root checker basic, I get “Root access not properly installed on this device” Device BLN-L24, Android version 7.0. My EMUI ver. is 5.0.1 The CPU is Kirin 665 Kernel ver. 4.1…18-g14b03c1.

Can someone help me straighten myself out? It keeps trying to update and of course it is unable to.
Current ver. BLN-L24C567B368, New ver. BLN-L24C567B378

Thank you much.

*Note: (3 Days later) A lot of people have looked at my post. As no one has posted a solution, I'm wondering if I'm SOL because my phone is torqued so bad there is nothing to do for it? Any suggestions welcome. Im trying to not to anything to it at this time as I'm afraid of bricking it. Thanks Blackie

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Is it supposed to have been rooted or not.

If yes, root it again.

If not, reflash the stock ROM. (Back everything up first - the stock ROM doesn't have your stuff on it. I'm not familiar with Huawei - if they se fastboot, there's probably a line in the batch file with fastboot -w in it. If you delete the -w part, it won't overwrite your stuff.

8lackie

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Rukbat!
It was supposed to have been rooted. Then I realized updates were failing so I tried to unroot it.
Turns out it was FUBAR and so I'm fussing with it, trying to fix it.Thanks for the suggestions I will try to back out of it or redo it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non