Honor 7x (4GB Ram) Performance Dip On Low Battery?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello fellow Android users, I got a brand new Honor 7x recently and I've been noticing that the gaming performance dip on low battery life. I would usually play games like C.A.T.S and Clash Royale. The one more noticeable was the game C.A.T.S, when the battery drops to approx. 30%, the game starts to show a massive drop on frame rate. I can't tell if this is normal or an issue with the phone? The only device I've known to have this feature was my Asus Gaming laptop. In the Honor 7x though, was not mentioned in settings and neither of the ultra / power safe mode was even turned on. Aside from that, the RAM always stays cleared as I'm that OCD guy who hates leaving app running in the background, so RAM is always 2.7GB and above.

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
I have the US model of the Honor 7X (with only 3 GB of RAM). I've just opened the Battery menu, and it doesn't offer the ability to set a charge level before performance throttling is enabled. Perhaps you've found that the limit is 30%. They should offer the ability to set charge levels lower than that, but evidently they don't and we'll just have to live with it, unfortunately.

Alex689

Apr 12, 2018
Visit site
I've encountered another similar issue today. The game frame rate drops significantly after you lock and unlock your phone whilst the game is still running.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The battery issue - you shouldn't allow the battery to even get down to 30% (39% should be your absolute minimum "charge it or turn it off" point), or you'll be replacing a lot of batteries.

As far as the lock/unlock situation, the game goes into the background when the phone is locked, and the CPU speed is dropped for background apps. Evidently the game isn't causing the CPU speed to go back up when it's brought back to the foreground. That could be the phone, it could be the app or it could be just the way things work. So don't lock the screen while you're playing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa