EMUI 8.0/Oreo OTA - US variant

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Post here if you have received the OTA from Honor for the EMUI 8.0/Oreo official update to your US variant 7x that was supposed to have launched on 4/30.

They say they are launching it in batches according to device IMEI so this could take weeks or even a month according to them to reach all devices.

Just trying to get a count here as basically no one on XDA, Reddit, here on AC, etc. is reporting they have received this update with exception of literally 2 or 3 people.

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
nothing here yet either which is pretty depressing as I was hoping to get it within a day or 2 at very most.

Wireless Gadget

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Just checked and my 7x just received the update. Don't see the option to attach image on the app would post if I could.
BND-L24 8.0.0.330

It's about 2.38 GB in size, installing now.

Cheers

Last edited:

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Just checked and my 7x just received the update. Don't see the option to attach image on the app would post if I could.
BND-L24 8.0.0.330

It's about 2.38 GB in size, installing now.

Cheers
Still waiting for it. If I remember correctly, I had to wait nearly 2 weeks for the last update.

Wireless Gadget

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear many are still waiting for the upgrade, I bought the US version and had Amazon ship to Canada.

Upgraded this morning, personally don't see any noticeable difference.

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
A joke of an OTA rollout. Give me a break, you're Huawei, a huge global smartphone manufacturer amongst other things. You should have capable and a sufficient amount of servers to handle the traffic. It's not like you have sold millions of 7x's and fear that every single one of them is going to download the update at the exact same time. There is absolutely zero need to roll this out in batches. Batches of what, 10 devices at a time?

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Here's what I just posted over on XDA.

I called them today and the person I spoke with basically confirmed that it could take "months", but hopefully less to receive the OTA. *As others have stated in the XDA thread*

Sent mine back to Amazon today for a full refund. Purchased a Nokia 6.1 (2018 version) as my backup phone to my Essential

I was a Honor/Huawei owner for less than a week. If they are going to handle business the way they are doing they will have a lot of unhappy customers on their hands.

Spying bastards.

giveme5

Jan 16, 2018
Visit site
Received update yesterday (May 10) for devices bought on 28th Dec and 2nd Jan.

Several bugs:
1.) Notification LED is always green for all notifications no matter what color you set in your apps.
2.) Quick Settings drop down expands fully with single swipe down (two stage is gone), but swipe up (if within quick settings area) is two stage. Swipe up works correctly only if you swipe up outside of quick settings drop down area. Should be other way around, that is, swipe down two stage, swipe up single stage.
3.) Default weather app is broken (it won't update weather conditions).

If I find more bugs I'll report back...

giveme5

Jan 16, 2018
Visit site
2.) Quick Settings drop down expands fully with single swipe down (two stage is gone), but swipe up (if within quick settings area) is two stage. Swipe up works correctly only if you swipe up outside of quick settings drop down area. Should be other way around, that is, swipe down two stage, swipe up single stage.

Just to add, if you have at least one notification, swipe down works as intended, if there are no notifications, it behaves as quoted above.

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
I received the update last night, and didn't notice anything too radically different. The menus have been cleaned up a bit, and there's a start date for counting data usage (it used to be a 30-day rolling counter instead).

Carlost88

Oct 21, 2017
Visit site
just received Oreo/emui 8.0 here in the UK and not much changed. as seen above the menus have been cleaned up abit and maybe it's just me but the animations seem smother or faster. took a picture after the update and at 1st when I was moving the phone around while on the view finder it was laggy/slow motion but not had it anymore. seems alright as far as update go

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana