Cracked screen 7x - fix it or no?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Probably not that much less than a new one, probably a lot more than a gently used phone. (It depends on where you are.) Unless you have unreplaceable pictures or something on the phone, I'd get another one. And a good case, so it doesn't happen again.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Those "this is the first time I've ever done this" videos are being done by experienced techs. (Trust me - I've trained many.) Just melting the glue layer on the screen can damage ICs on the motherboard, rendering the phone useless. Pinching a wire means another parts replacement. (Pinching the antenna cable ruins it.) Forgetting to plug something in, or not plugging it in securely, means opening the phone up again, which risks cooking the new screen. There are more ways of destroying a phone than there are of fixing it. (Your choice, though. Save $100 or risk $180.)

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Yeah just get a new phone. Budget phones aren't worth repairing if damaged. Unlike a say anything over $500. I mean you could buy 3 7x's for less than any one flagship.

br77494

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Can you update us as to which direction you took? New 7X, repair, or a different phone?

Hope it all worked out okay for you. I agree with others that for relatively inexpensive devices - just use the opportunity to buy a new one or upgrade to a newer model.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87