Honor 8 Bug/Dislikes reports

Nevs4Nokia

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
No it's not restricted to YouTube. That was my initial thought. But I imbedded videos as well the Dailymotion app are refusing to play as intended.

ranphi

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I just read a post about this issue on the XDA forum for the Honor 8. The post was created by an employee from Honor, apparently:

"Recorded video and YouTube playback errors

Hi There, we recommend you back up the device and perform a "master reset" to see if that fixes the issue. To perform a master reset, you will go into your menu and click settings, then go to Back Up & Reset. Follow the prompts on the screen to back up and factory reset, then continue by following the steps to restart and activate the device (note: you will need to have your Google email/password present at startup).

If you still can't get playback on your videos to work properly, you should call in to our knowledgeable Honor customer service center at +1-844-524-6667 and they can further diagnose the situation you are having with video recording and playback. Thanks for your question! (NS)"

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I can't seem to get rid of contacts that don't have phone numbers from not showing up in the contacts app without deleting them. I don't want them to disappear from my Google Contacts if I delete them on this phone.

dnomadic

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I just read a post about this issue on the XDA forum for the Honor 8. The post was created by an employee from Honor, apparently:

"Recorded video and YouTube playback errors

Hi There, we recommend you back up the device and perform a "master reset" to see if that fixes the issue. To perform a master reset, you will go into your menu and click settings, then go to Back Up & Reset. Follow the prompts on the screen to back up and factory reset, then continue by following the steps to restart and activate the device (note: you will need to have your Google email/password present at startup).

If you still can't get playback on your videos to work properly, you should call in to our knowledgeable Honor customer service center at +1-844-524-6667 and they can further diagnose the situation you are having with video recording and playback. Thanks for your question! (NS)"

I tried resets but the problem keep appearing marring a Great device. Maybe I'll reset one more time . Today is the last day, after this I will begrudgingly have to take this back to Best Buy... Back to the ZTE Axon 7 (its getting a big update to fix the radio and the Whack camera, NOW).

I really don't want to go to a Carrier flagship, I would like a movement to be started concerning the non-carrier flagship phones.....MAYBE change will occur with pricing then. It is looking more and more that I may have to head that way,

dnomadic

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I can't seem to get rid of contacts that don't have phone numbers from not showing up in the contacts app without deleting them. I don't want them to disappear from my Google Contacts if I delete them on this phone.

If I'm reading your message correctly - I think we were having similar problems. I had a number of contacts that were just people I had emailed (craigslist, companies, group emails, etc), these were showing up in my contacts. To fix this try the follwoing .. From contacts>Menu>display preferences>customize>Select Google>uncheck ungrouped. Make sure My Contacts is selected as well as other important groups.

I hope that helps

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I played some videos on YouTube last night and didn't seem to have any issues. However, I read about this issue on the AndroidPolice review of this device.

Darius DuPree

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
The soft back glass. It's scratched on the back edges, you can run your fingers over the back and feel how deep they are. It has kinda lost its luster now lol.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
The soft back glass. It's scratched on the back edges, you can run your fingers over the back and feel how deep they are. It has kinda lost its luster now lol.

You do know that you get 3 months free glass replacement if you register right? I agree with you about the scratches, even though mine don't feel deep. I still plan to get it replaced before the window closes though, so that I can have a scratch free phone.

jbilik

May 6, 2016
Visit site
The video playback issue is definitely a nuisance. I'm forced to restart my phone once or twice a day because of it.

I've also experience a strange issue... The phone automatically answers calls when the screen is covered (facing down or in a pocket). This happens even with all of the motion control settings disabled.

Darius DuPree

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
You do know that you get 3 months free glass replacement if you register right? I agree with you about the scratches, even though mine don't feel deep. I still plan to get it replaced before the window closes though, so that I can have a scratch free phone.

Yeah but that's just the front glass though right?

dnomadic

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
The video playback issue is definitely a nuisance. I'm forced to restart my phone once or twice a day because of it.

I've also experience a strange issue... The phone automatically answers calls when the screen is covered (facing down or in a pocket). This happens even with all of the motion control settings disabled.

YES.... I'm not the only one with the CONSTANT need to reboot. I thought I had a lemon. I really hope that all that are having this problem report it..... JUST MAYBE, Honor will do something in the near term to correct this.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
YES.... I'm not the only one with the CONSTANT need to reboot. I thought I had a lemon. I really hope that all that are having this problem report it..... JUST MAYBE, Honor will do something in the near term to correct this.
Actually Android Police mentioned this issue as part of their review.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

When you say constant...how often? Once a day?

dnomadic

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
When you say constant...how often? Once a day?

This is twice a day ... would be more but sometimes I just switch activities (because who has time to reboot constantly). It is not a deal breaker to some, but to me it is a MAJOR annoyance. I am really considering giving up and trying the Axon 7 again, since the update apparently solves some of the camera and radio woes.

dnomadic

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I also performed a factory data reset in hopes of killing off the issue as was suggest earlier in this thread. I'm surprised that only three users have noticed this issue.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
This is twice a day ... would be more but sometimes I just switch activities (because who has time to reboot constantly). It is not a deal breaker to some, but to me it is a MAJOR annoyance. I am really considering giving up and trying the Axon 7 again, since the update apparently solves some of the camera and radio woes.

What sucks is I just cancelled my $277 axon 7 because of those problems . ugh

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non