Honor8 vs OP3 vs iPhone7 vs Samsung S7! Verdict (Indian Version)

shashank1320

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
With the launch of the much awaited Honor 8 on October 12 in India, the battle among the top flagship smartphones has become even more exciting. While the market has got a new competitor to watch out for, here we open the debate to all by comparing top flagship phones from the current market leaders. Read on to know who takes the cake...

1.jpg

Below table shows the comparison of various technical specifications and pricing for the flagship phones.

2.png
3.png

Based on the above table, we can clearly see the flagship phones from the top manufacturers around the world. They all boast of high-end specifications and are capable of doing much more than a smartphone is supposed to do. With the launch of Honor 8, the competition just got tougher and Honor 8 is really giving a neck to neck fight to all top guns here with almost half the price than that of iPhone 7 and 60% than that of Samsung S7. The only competitor we have in the price segment is one Plus 3 but Honor 8 definitely outshines OP3 with some quality specs and also from an end user's real life experience. It has a slim profile that redefines design. Icing on the cake is you get expandable storage and dual cameras.

Honor 8 definitely has some additional factors over the other competitors here which makes it a clear winner:

• Dual camera with RGB and Monochrome sensors to give 300% more light than iPhone 7 in low light condition
  • Advance Fingerprint supports NFC and Mobile payment along with additional features like taking photos, answering calls, stop alarms, shows recent app, access notification panel, scrolling through the photos in gallery, opening app etc.
  • Expandable memory with SD card up to 128 GB
  • The built-in dual ISP improves focus, speed, and process time while clicking pictures.
  • Wide aperture mode to redefine the focus even after photo is taken.
  • The Eye-Care Mode makes looking at your phone more comfortable and safe by filtering part of the blue light to reduce eye strain.
  • Smart Battery saving modes
  • A-GPS+GLONASS *

*this feature is present in all of the above listed flagship phone

Design- Honor 8 is stylish, sleek and it looks premium. It uses 2.5D glass in front and back making the device shiny. The Sapphire blue color that honor has launched is just stunning and breaks away from the regular greys and silver colors that most of the smartphones offer.

4.jpg

Battery- There is no match to the battery life of Honor 8 with any other smartphone in the market even with a 4000 mAh battery. Honor 8 is able to stretch the screen on time (SOT) up to 7+ hours easily (even few users were able to touch 8 hours SOT) and that’s the biggest advantage here over any other phone.

Display- With 5.2 inch FHD IPS LCD display and 96% NTSC, every pixel reproduced on Honor 8 looks stunnning making it overall a great screen to view the content. With 423 PPI, everything displayed on the screen looks so natural and real. All the images, videos and other content looks so real and vibrant that you can't take your eyes off the display.

5.jpg

Camera-The Honor 8 undoubtedly has the best camera even beating the likes of iPhone easily in its color reproduction and the details in the image. The Honor 8 is the only phone apart from Huawei P9 and the iPhone 7 Plus that offers a dual-camera setup in India and Honor 8 easily beats the camera quality of iPhone, even in low light condition.

6.jpg

Hardware- OP3 comes with tested Qualcomm’s SD820, iPhone with in house A9 chip, S7 with Exynos 8890 and are capable of lag free multitasking, Honor 8 is matches up to their standard being powered by hi-Silicon Kirin 950 processor-- built on 16 nm technology; i5 co-processor coupled with 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM is capable enough to do multitasking smoothly. Rapid smart file processing system ensures lag free user experience. This phone wont slow down with time unlike other Android devices.

7.png

UI/OS- OnePlus 3 offers a near stock Android experience with OxygenOS, Samsung comes with TouchWiz UI over android, iPhone7 offers iOS whereas the Honor 8 comes with a very intuitive Emotion UI 4.1 over Android Marshmallow. EMUI is feature-rich and provides lot of other options over other UIs and have built in phone manager, harassment filters, traffic manager and various innovative messaging features that really outsmart other UI and their features.

8.jpg

[Verdict] Who Takes The Cake-
Based on various specifications related to hardware, software, battery, design, look and feel, performance, camera and reliability and keeping in mind the price for the large number of users in Indian market, the Honor 8 is an excellent high-end flagship smartphone. For the power users who do not wish to compromise on the performance, look and other aspects of the phone this device is premium yet priced reasonably. Battery life is good, the dual camera produces superior professional quality shots, the fingerprint scanner is excellent and works almost every time and with 32GB of storage and a microSD card slot, there’s plenty of space for apps, photos and music. I give a thumbs up to Honor 8 among the top four flagship phones.

9.jpg

Link to my original post on Honor Community

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Have you used all three phones? If so...

How much did you pay for each and how long have you used each?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
For battery life, I haven't used the honor 8 yet, but my ZTE zmax pro gets 10 hours SOT. My moto z play gets a bit more. Obviously the honor 8 has better specs but i don't see it beating especially the moto z play.

shashank1320

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
For battery life, I haven't used the honor 8 yet, but my ZTE zmax pro gets 10 hours SOT. My moto z play gets a bit more. Obviously the honor 8 has better specs but i don't see it beating especially the moto z play.

Honor 8 may have a better battery..will need to explore more.personally i don't like moto phones as being pure android they may give you better battery with doze but not at all stylish and premium in look and additionally honor 8 does provide the best multitasking user experience for day to day and heavy gaming.

Fille84

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hmm...i wish you were right about the camera but you pretty wrong there about honor 8 being better than iphone 7 in low light photography :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Hmm...i wish you were right about the camera but you pretty wrong there about honor 8 being better than iphone 7 in low light photography :)

On the honor 8 I think that you have to use wide apature mode for good low light photos

Fille84

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Moreover, this was based on my personal review and may differ user by user.
I don't think you should write that it "easily beats the iphone camera in low light", because its a lie and you know that too.. Or maybe you haven't tried the camera in iPhone 7? I have both and the iPhone is way better in the low light area. Much less grain and sharper details.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you should write that it "easily beats the iphone camera in low light", because its a lie and you know that too.. Or maybe you haven't tried the camera in iPhone 7? I have both and the iPhone is way better in the low light area. Much less grain and sharper details.

Did you use wide aperture mode?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Honor 8 is one of the best things which you can buy currently. It has really ruled the Indian phone market of premium phones. You can clearly feel the difference when you hold this adorable design in your hand. It is sleek, slim, so attractive and what not.

Talking about the strengths of this phone--
It has a dual rear camera which clicks amazing shots and low light photography is way above par. If we have to talk about the front camera, even in that case, Honor 8 beats all the phones mentioned here.

Even the processing of this phone is fastest than any other phone in the market. It comes in 64 GB Storage which is expandable up to 256GB and 4GB RAM. The specifications of this phone are simply amazing and the design is even better.
Shashank couldn't have been more correct while educating people about the best thing in the market.

I agree with you: this phone is excellent. I really enjoy the cameras. And the design and functionality of the device is top notch, especially when you think about what you are paying for the phone.