Thinking of getting this device

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Performance is pretty comparable to the flagship Androids. Camera is very good for the price range. Battery life is good. The only questionable thing is emui. It isn't for everyone though you can install a launcher to reduce its impact

Deanig_12

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Performance is pretty comparable to the flagship Androids. Camera is very good for the price range. Battery life is good. The only questionable thing is emui. It isn't for everyone though you can install a launcher to reduce its impact

Thanks Dpham00 never had emui before so it is certainly different what's the battery like??

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Pretty capable phone so far.
You can dig up a lot more info from others who have the device here in the Honor 8 section.
I don't believe you'll be disappointed if you make the jump.

Good luck!

Etyrnus

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Battery life, I've been able to go from 7 am to 10:30 pm while actually using my Honor 8 (browsing Reddit, playing boom beach, checking forums, texting).

It's met every expectation I've had, and surprised me a few times.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Battery life, I've been able to go from 7 am to 10:30 pm while actually using my Honor 8 (browsing Reddit, playing boom beach, checking forums, texting).

It's met every expectation I've had, and surprised me a few times.

In my usage i get from 6-8 hours SOT. Which is very good but the only phone that has gotten me through a long day with 12-13 hours SOT has been the moto z play droid. Granted for most,6-8 hours is plenty

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Unbelievable value. My family actually started asking me to take pictures with my phone instead of their Iphones because in their words "your camera is better". My phone was the only one that had more than 70% battery left after being out for 11hrs.
I've never seen the available ram drop below 1.5gb, despite multitasking.

I've gone for top end flagship phones in the past, but I've never been more impressed with a new phone than I have been with the honor 8.

RadiantDuck

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I can echo the views of others who have commented. No performance issues at all. Battery pretty good, video playback (like Netflix) seems to last ages. A couple of games I've got do drain it quickly, but that's to be expected. Overall very happy with mine.

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
I will echo all the other comments. I actually like EMUI and they should be upgrading to EMUI 5.0 (nugget 7.0) soon. Black Friday should bring some great savings. Look @ Honor USA web site.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Unbelievable value. My family actually started asking me to take pictures with my phone instead of their Iphones because in their words "your camera is better". My phone was the only one that had more than 70% battery left after being out for 11hrs.
I've never seen the available ram drop below 1.5gb, despite multitasking.

I've gone for top end flagship phones in the past, but I've never been more impressed with a new phone than I have been with the honor 8.
Which iPhone do they have?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
IPhone 5s, iPhone 6s and an iPhone 7
All of which still cost more than the honor 8 I believe.

Interesting. I have found that my iPhone 7 Plus to be the best all around auto mode shooter. There are times when the honor 8 is slightly better... But just speaking overall. Of course there are lots of modes in the honor 8 and the pro mode is very versatile for pro photographers and when used right will provide better shots than the iPhone. A lot also depends on the person taking the shots, that can make a big difference.

The iPhone SE is also a very capable shooter (same rears lens as the iPhone 6s) and priced at the same price as the honor 8.

It of course also comes down to personal preference. For example some people prefer the noisy but bright Moto z Play night shots over the more accurate but darker honor 8.

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
This is a really good phone.

It's actually prevented me from buying other devices that I thought I might like better.
The honor 8 has set a bar for me in price, form and function that something else may have a tough time beating in the short term.
Looks like I'll be sticking around for a while.