MMS picture quality Honor 8 AT&T

daviddlt

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello honor fans, quick question. How do I send pictures in full 12mp quality sent via text message mms? Every time I send a picture to anyone in my family the quality looks terrible, I really don't want to email them in order for them to see it. Almost everyone in my family has iPhones and I hate that I can't do something that so simple w iMessage. I really like the honor but for me this is a deal breaker, really I can't send a quality pic unless I use iMessage...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Look at the details of the picture file. If the file is larger than 600KB, the MMS server is going to compress the picture - and that's always a hit on quality. Either compress them yourself in a way that makes them look good (there are a lot of different compression techniques - look in Play for apps) or take smaller pictures.

If they're already 600KB or smaller, send yourself a picture and look at it. If it looks okay, it's the recipient's phones. If not, call AT&T - I can't see how but it would be their problem (and everyone would probably be complaining about it).

droidatl

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I started a thread on this topic a couple weeks ago. Find that and you should get some help. Long story short, you may need to change messaging app and then fiddle with the compression settings.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Hello honor fans, quick question. How do I send pictures in full 12mp quality sent via text message mms? Every time I send a picture to anyone in my family the quality looks terrible, I really don't want to email them in order for them to see it. Almost everyone in my family has iPhones and I hate that I can't do something that so simple w iMessage. I really like the honor but for me this is a deal breaker, really I can't send a quality pic unless I use iMessage...

I would look into the Textra app. You can adjust the files size for MMS to allow you send full resolution pictures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87