EMUI 5 / Nougat

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I have a question on Nougat on EMUI 5:

Can you interact with the notifications on the lock screen?

And...

Can you see the different unread notifications you have in the notification bar, or does it just show a number?

I guess that was two questions.

And sorry for hijacking the thread!

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Numbers are now icons. However, if you have 6 fb notifications, one fb icon shows. Don't know about lock screen interaction, I use hidden content settings.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I would love to know about that as well. I miss the level of lock screen interaction I had with my Moto X.

That's honestly the only thing I don't like about this phone. If that isn't fixed, as bad as it sounds, I doubt I'll be keeping it.

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Will test it. I've turned off the content mask and allowed replies. Will report when I get a few notifications from different apps.
b1f7f7de95af459b86aac99a586c7819.jpg

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
With fingerprint lock or pin lock it doesn't allow reply without unlocking.

Can you interact with the notifications at all on the lock screen? Like, if I get a text message, can I swipe on it to get to the reply screen and then unlock for a quick response?

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
The reply option is there, yes. When I used quick reply and unlocked the keyboard was open but the notification had disappeared so I couldn't see what I was typing and there was no send button.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
This is the biggest drawback on this phone - handling notifications. Right now I am using Next lockscreen where I can get notifications and swipe right to open them or left to dismiss them.

I have enabled banners for some apps so I can reply while Iran using the phone in the banner itself.

Would be helpful if someone can record a video on how notifications are being handled in the beta.

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I barely ever see my lock screen. I use fingerprint unlock and swipe down to instantly have the notification shade open. All notifications can be interacted with in different ways such as quick reply on txt messages and archiving on mail.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I barely ever see my lock screen. I use fingerprint unlock and swipe down to instantly have the notification shade open. All notifications can be interacted with in different ways such as quick reply on txt messages and archiving on mail.

Yep, that certainly is a intuitive solution especially given that you can swipe down the scanner to view notifications.

That said, when iv am in meetings or other situations I prefer to view my notifications in the lock screen and decide whether to address them or not.

laytoncy

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Yep, that certainly is a intuitive solution especially given that you can swipe down the scanner to view notifications.

That said, when iv am in meetings or other situations I prefer to view my notifications in the lock screen and decide whether to address them or not.

This exactly. At work I like to view my notifications on the lock screen. As far as I know I can't dismiss a notification from the lock screen.
Again this is the one thing I miss from the Moto software and the always on screen.
The only other issue I have is this phone has issues with MightyText. I used to use it all the time for work.
Again, notifications are the big issue for an otherwise perfect phone for me.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
The reply option is there, yes. When I used quick reply and unlocked the keyboard was open but the notification had disappeared so I couldn't see what I was typing and there was no send button.

I guess I'm trying to figure out how this would work. You can open the reply but you can't type until you unlock it? Sorry for so many questions!

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
The B360 build has few things working from the lockscreen.

You can double tap the expand button in the notification to expand in the lockscreen itself to read and respond if there are actions.

The actions however, depending on the app has been buggy. For example, replying to a text message, unlocks the phone, brings the keyboard up but not the SMS app. It has worked fine with the Nine email exchange app where I can reply and it will open the mailbox with reply.

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
The B360 build has few things working from the lockscreen.

You can double tap the expand button in the notification to expand in the lockscreen itself to read and respond if there are actions.

The actions however, depending on the app has been buggy. For example, replying to a text message, unlocks the phone, brings the keyboard up but not the SMS app. It has worked fine with the Nine email exchange app where I can reply and it will open the mailbox with reply.

Are you using the stock messaging app?