overlooked feature that I always use.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
The ir blaster. I always talked crap about using your phone as a remote. After my dog ate my sound bar remote. This has actually been very very handy. I accidentally came across this feature, didn't even know it was there.

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hmm... That will come in handy if I ever misplace my remote control (and, let's get real, that happens quite frequently :p).

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it's a nice feature for sure since i always misplace the remote or it runs out of batteries.

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
My housemate bought a universal remote 2 days ago and failed to get it to work with anything after hours trying and I walked in his room and started turning all his stuff off in less than a minute.
The controller app is one of the best IR companions I've ever used.

Urdyk

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
IR blaster Rocks! I had 2 conttollers always runnibg out of battery now i just multitask it with phone and controllers were always lost

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
My housemate bought a universal remote 2 days ago and failed to get it to work with anything after hours trying and I walked in his room and started turning all his stuff off in less than a minute.
The controller app is one of the best IR companions I've ever used.

LOOL that is a great and also amusing story. He must have been like, "... What?" :p

mart567

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
The IR blaster is how I initially discovered and even considered getting an Honor 8.

I had a Note 4 and I used the IR blaster a lot, especially for an older AV receiver whose remote is long gone.

So when searching for current phones with IR capabilities I came across the Honor 8.