Any of you honor 8 guys ever owned the honor 6X?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
So I'm debating on the honor 8 again or getting the honor 6X. Anyone ever owned the 6X and if so how did it perform compared to the honor 8?

wcavaliere88

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
my wife has a 6x, it's a really nice phone overall. everyday performance is similar to the 8, however when pushed the hardware differences show slightly. the screen is really great, seems larger than it is. Using it and moving back to my phone makes me want a larger screen.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
my wife has a 6x, it's a really nice phone overall. everyday performance is similar to the 8, however when pushed the hardware differences show slightly. the screen is really great, seems larger than it is. Using it and moving back to my phone makes me want a larger screen.
I went back and took back the Axon 7 Mini and got the 6x. I like it and it does remind me of the honor 8. I'll use it until the honor 9 comes out. You simply can't beat it at 179.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I went back and took back the Axon 7 Mini and got the 6x. I like it and it does remind me of the honor 8. I'll use it until the honor 9 comes out. You simply can't beat it at 179.
Hold off on that lol. I just got a text from my apple buddy that he has a brand new iPhone SE 128g! He said he will let me buy it for $150! I'd be crazy to pass that deal up. I could double my money if ever I sold it buying it at 150. So that said as long as he does not change his mind the 6x will be taken back and I'll actually save money on a superior device that has 128gs! My plan will be use it until the honor 9 is released then sell it to get the 9. I just can't pass this deal up. An iPhone SE 128g would sell well over 300 dollars all day long on here so at 150 I feel like I'd be crazy to pass such a deal up. I'm coming back to Honor but now it'll just be when the Honor 9 is released. For what it's worth the Honor 6x for the money at 179 has got to be one of the best devices you can get.

wcavaliere88

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Glad you liked the 6x, it's a great phone. I just wanted to add one negative side of the 6x, in case anyone is looking to get one. I forgot to mention in my previous post that the 6x does not have NFC, so if you use Android pay it won't work.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can get it for less than$179 now, look for my thread in the honor 6x forum if interested

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
You can get it for less than$179 now, look for my thread in the honor 6x forum if interested
I just couldn't get used to the 5.5 screen size. Too large for me but the phone was definitely a good one. I am now just going to wait on the honor 9 to come out. I have a chance to buy a 128g iPhone SE for only 150 dollars. Plus I was in Walmart today and I lucked up and found an unlocked Moto g4 play for only $35 dollars! I immediately bought it. So for now between this Moto g play and that iPhone 128g SE I'm going to hold off on another honor 8 and wait on the 9. My sweet spot on screen size is 5 to 5.2. Anything larger than that I can't fit in my pocket nor use one handed.

laytoncy

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I just couldn't get used to the 5.5 screen size. Too large for me but the phone was definitely a good one. I am now just going to wait on the honor 9 to come out. I have a chance to buy a 128g iPhone SE for only 150 dollars. Plus I was in Walmart today and I lucked up and found an unlocked Moto g4 play for only $35 dollars! I immediately bought it. So for now between this Moto g play and that iPhone 128g SE I'm going to hold off on another honor 8 and wait on the 9. My sweet spot on screen size is 5 to 5.2. Anything larger than that I can't fit in my pocket nor use one handed.

Man, I can honestly say I don't think I buy food at the rate you buy phones.
I wish I had the disposable income to buy phones. I plan on sticking with my honor 8 for now. I am interested in the new Moto X I've read about and anything with a larger battery than what I have now. I can't find the Moto G4 Play for less than $130 anywhere. That is an insane deal!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa