Honor 9 isn't coming to the U.S. anytime soon

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't surprise me with the lackluster response for the honor 8 and the honor 9 is really an incremental improvement over the honor 8... So honor's thinking is probably that since the honor 8 didn't do well, that the honor 9 won't either.

Really they need to put in big advertising dollars like Samsung if they want to succeed in the USA at this point, and it looks like they aren't ready to commit yet.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Doesn't surprise me with the lackluster response for the honor 8 and the honor 9 is really an incremental improvement over the honor 8... So honor's thinking is probably that since the honor 8 didn't do well, that the honor 9 won't either.

Really they need to put in big advertising dollars like Samsung if they want to succeed in the USA at this point, and it looks like they aren't ready to commit yet.

They would have to get carriers to sell thier phones as well. We all know the majority of people buy via carrier because of deals and promotions.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
They would have to get carriers to sell thier phones as well. We all know the majority of people buy via carrier because of deals and promotions.

Yeah, carriers don't really have an incentive to carry Honor phones as this isn't a phone that people who are on the major carriers would leave their current carrier if they didn't carry it, unlike say the iPhone or Galaxy lineup.

Carriers will still carry it,with the right incentive from the manufacturer. But obviously no manufacturer wants to sell at no profit or a loss.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, carriers don't really have an incentive to carry Honor phones as this isn't a phone that people who are on the major carriers would leave their current carrier if they didn't carry it, unlike say the iPhone or Galaxy lineup.

Carriers will still carry it,with the right incentive from the manufacturer. But obviously no manufacturer wants to sell at no profit or a loss.

Very true, if the rumors are true. The mate 10 is going to be one hell of a phone. Probably a solid device that would get people to switch carriers or upgrades. The only issue I see is launching it in the fall. When the new iPhone and pixel launch.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Very true, if the rumors are true. The mate 10 is going to be one hell of a phone. Probably a solid device that would get people to switch carriers or upgrades. The only issue I see is launching it in the fall. When the new iPhone and pixel launch.

The other issue is marketing. Most people are going to buy what they are most familiar with. They aren't going to buy a Huawei or Honor phone at only slightly less than an iPhone since they never heard of it... No matter how good it is.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
The other issue is marketing. Most people are going to buy what they are most familiar with. They aren't going to buy a Huawei or Honor phone at only slightly less than an iPhone since they never heard of it... No matter how good it is.

Huawei got tons of money for marketing. They can be top 3 next to apple and Samsung!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Huawei got tons of money for marketing. They can be top 3 next to apple and Samsung!

I should clarify and say that they need to spend big marketing dollars in the USA if they want to succeed quickly. Thus far, their USA marketing efforts have been lackluster. I am sure they have the money, they just need to allocate it to the USA.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
The more competition the better. They gotta create some thing that stick out from the rest of the competition to get noticed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa