Over clocking TP with CM7 ?

panhandle

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone overclocked their TP in CM7? I OC'd my TP in WebOS with no problems and I know there are several programs that I can use in android to set the cpu, but I've only done a little bit of overclocking and I would like to know some settings that people have already tried, so I know that I won't screw anything up. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Jahjah440

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Something that works for me is SetCPU 2.2.4. I just set it to 1.4Ghz and it runs smooth and battery life is great. I can play Grand Theft Auto III at full speed no lag. Same for Need for Speed Asphalt.

panhandle

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. I went with AnAnatu CPU cause it's free. And set it to1620. Gonna see how the battery's and temps hold up at that setting. I'm hoping this will help with hulu playback. How has your battery life held up at 1620?

Mutoidi

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah.. free is good especially if it does what you need from it! Thanks to the Dev(s).

Battery life seems moderate-good.. I still spend about half my time in webOS too, so haven't tested battery consuption accurately in Android yet.

I had 'Min' set to 384 for a while and didn't notice any significant pwer consumption difference.. and also find the touchscreen responses seem more 'responsive'! :)

panhandle

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I still switch back and forth from webos and cm7 quite a bit. Battery drain doesn't seem too bad and i can always throttle it down if i'm on the road and need to extend battery life. It definitely seems snappier running at 1620. Hulu runs much better. I used to have to put it on the lowest resolution and even then it was a little Choppy at times. Now I keep it on the default resolution and it runs smooth.

Mutoidi

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Good! :)

I reckon that Qualcom Dual Core was totally UNDER clocked at the original 1.2Ghz anyway! Rocks along fine now!

Also 'AnAnTu' has a nicely workable interface.

Enjoy!

:)

hiramgeek

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
i installed antutu cpu master and set mine to 1.5ghz and it runs smoother. Some of the games no longer have any lag and touchscreen is more responsive :)

Badco6354

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I have read a couple of places that the CPU for the touch pad is DESIGNED to run at 1.5. Supposedly the 64 gig machune comes from the factory that way, so until you get to 1.6 or highr you are not eally overclocking that much. I have webos set at 1.5 an I am trying 1.6 on CM7. So far so good.

resteasy

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
^Correct.
Native for the processor is 1.5
The touchpad came underclocked at 1.2 but the 64gb version has the same exact processor and comes native 1.5

In webOS before I found this I used the f15c kernal to bring it to 1.7 and it ran well. Some even had the experimental kernals at 1.8 or 1.9 but I never tried those.

I have it set to 1.5 currently in the CM7 install but will probably try 1.7 soon.

Mutoidi

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
^Correct.
Native for the processor is 1.5
The touchpad came underclocked at 1.2 but the 64gb version has the same exact processor and comes native 1.5

In webOS before I found this I used the f15c kernal to bring it to 1.7 and it ran well. Some even had the experimental kernals at 1.8 or 1.9 but I never tried those.

I have it set to 1.5 currently in the CM7 install but will probably try 1.7 soon.

~~~

Yes.. All true. Stock 16-32Gb TP was underclocked by about 300Mhz..
I have had my webOS TP set up on the F4 Phantom Testing Kernel @ 1.83Ghz for some weeks now.. it flies! (But is not so light on Batt. consumption as this Kernel is in permanent Dual Core operation mode).
I am not a big 'Gamer' though.. so I've probably not tested it to melting point!

'AnTuTu CPU Master' App will allow Max 1782Mhz (1.78Ghz) in Android.. have been running at that recently too, with no apparent glitches, or explosions.. yet! :)

Last edited: