So much hype - what's your #1 ????

momo662

Banned
Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I am truly amazed by the amount of people that actually base their decision of purchasing a $600-700-800+ phone solely on sound and/or camera features??

Or looks for that matter!! I love it when someone says it's ugly. LMAO

Are we that vain and superficial?? That it actually matters how the phone looks over how it functions??

First and foremost I want my damn phone to be clear and concise in call processing.
Then I want my UI and OS to be killer!! Followed by battery and storage.

Everything else is secondary in my opinion. <<<Again just my opine :D

kassdog

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
The problem is with the one line from the m7 has been amazing hardware, software, sound, everything but the camera has been crap. Just complete crap. So they need to prove the camera in the m10 before most even consider it.

Think of it like a car with an amazing engine and transmission but a but ugly interior

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
If the battery life on the "10" surpasses that of any other phone, people will flock to the phone no matter the look. HTC claims they are obsessed about the things we care about most all of a sudden.

Won't be better than the note 6 or iPhone 7 but I hope to love it regardless. But idk about the leaked designs.

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I think looks does play a part in the phone. I will not buy anything that looks like the M7/8/9. And thankfully it appears I wont have to worry this time. LOL. My phones have always gone into cases so, to a certain extent, the front face is the most important part.

I would go with a true #1 of true, non gimmicky battery life. No CPU throttling or funky memory management or screen games to get that life. Just a well programmed phone that is efficient enough that games are not necessary.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Have to agree with op. My HTC M8 went straight into a flip case so wasn't bothered about what people thought of my phone...what bothers me most is a no lag os skin, battery life and sound quality...everything else for me is more second tier such as camera, ir blaster...

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I think one of the moderators said it best in the weekly podcast a few weeks ago when he said (and I dont quote), If they give what they promise I will be happy. If the camera sucks , just say so, don't hype it to be the best. As he said, if you tell me Im buying a so so camera I can live with that, but dont tell me Im buying the best and everything is purple!

momo662

Banned
Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I agree "don't blow smoke" but come on ,do you really expect ANY company to come out and say this sucks or that isn't "the best"!?!?

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
For me it's battery. I know the processor and Sense should be great, but battery and camera remain a mystery. I'm most interested in battery life tmrw, and want to see if they used a high quality DAC like the v10 since headphone audio is important to me. I don't look for loud, just quality. Those 2 things with the USB-C (since I have a MacBook and 6p) would make it a buy as a replacement for my work phone.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I am truly amazed by the amount of people that actually base their decision of purchasing a $600-700-800+ phone solely on sound and/or camera features??

Or looks for that matter!! I love it when someone says it's ugly. LMAO

Are we that vain and superficial?? That it actually matters how the phone looks over how it functions??

First and foremost I want my damn phone to be clear and concise in call processing.
Then I want my UI and OS to be killer!! Followed by battery and storage.

Everything else is secondary in my opinion. <<<Again just my opine :D

I don't think it's just camera, just in addition to, and a high priority for some.

Aesthetics I totally agree with. It's a rectangular slab, just like every other phone. Minor features, half which will be covered with a case, are irrelevant.

Battery and software make a phone for me.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I agree "don't blow smoke" but come on ,do you really expect ANY company to come out and say this sucks or that isn't "the best"!?!?

I don't think anyone is saying to come out and say it sucks, but don't go out of your way to pump it up if its average at best. They went out of their way to let us know how great the camera is, unsolicited, so anything short of their own hype will inevitably be disappointing.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think it was Russell Holly that said it in the podcast from not lat Thursday, but the week before.

I'm inclined to agree they need to hold nothing back; this may be one of their last chances to start making a comeback, and I truly hope they do. People may be excited for HTC to go away, but I'm not, and here is why: I don't want my future choices to be Samsung or Apple in my choice of smartphone.

RadiantDuck

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm genuinely interested in what the 10 has to offer. I'm due my upgrade and usually I go LG, but had to send my G5 back due to the well documented issues. I know the s7/edge is a brilliant phone, but I don't want to have a choice of one (also a tad nervous if the fragile glass) . I was never a huge fan of HTC but I feel that they need to knock it out the park this time so we might get a stellar phone that really brings HTC back to the spotlight. Or they flop. I'm hoping the former, the whole point of Android is choice and increasingly that number seems to be dwindling.

Posted via the Android Central App

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
For me it's battery. I know the processor and Sense should be great, but battery and camera remain a mystery. I'm most interested in battery life tmrw, and want to see if they used a high quality DAC like the v10 since headphone audio is important to me. I don't look for loud, just quality. Those 2 things with the USB-C (since I have a MacBook and 6p) would make it a buy as a replacement for my work phone.

And come WITH a usb c cable unlike the G5 but I will own both at some point.

J R Mtz

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
This will porbably be my new phone. Hoping for a quick turnaround between reveal and release. Been wanting a new phone to replace my M8 since last fall, but was waiting for the new 820 Snapdragon.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Agreed.
Now is the time to take advantage of LG G5 mixed reviews...great battery and software will help them sell lots of phones. But camera and sound is a must now as well...people expect so much from mobiles theses days HTC has to step up!