I was sitting outside using tune in radio. It is hot out. I had the phone in the shade. I could still hear the broadcast but the screen would not come on for either the fingerprint or button. I tried to hold the power key down but no change. I had it in a seidio case so i took it off and as always the phone was hot so i tossed it in the fridge to cool down. I took it out a little while later and the same thing, podcast but no screen or buttons.Now the broadcast ended so I dont know if the phone is dead or what Seems dead. I tried pulling the card and starting it but no luck. Tried calling no ring. Tried attaching to pc, nothing. Help!
    08-04-2016 05:47 PM
    hold down the volume down + power button without letting go... what happens?
    TBoltJ likes this.
    08-04-2016 05:50 PM
    for about 45 secs
    08-04-2016 05:50 PM
    I would let it cool, then try to charge it. See if you can use the phone then.
    Almeuit likes this.
    08-04-2016 05:52 PM
    First of all, don't do that! Going from too hot to fridge-cold can cause moisture to condensate inside the phone and cause even further damage!

Can you turn off the device? If so, does the screen 'blink' at some point? Maybe the panel got damaged (or the connector). Since you put it in the fridge, I wouldn't try to connect it to a PC or charger for at least 12 hours just to make sure no water is there and you'll cause more damage.
    Almeuit likes this.
    08-04-2016 05:53 PM
    hold down the volume down + power button without letting go... what happens?
    Bless you, that worked! Ive been on vacation for 1.5 week and havent copied my pics off yet except for what went to FB. WOW, watch the phone in the heat. Usually it gives a warning when it gets too hot.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    08-04-2016 05:55 PM
    First of all, don't do that! Going from too hot to fridge-cold can cause moisture to condensate inside the phone and cause even further damage!

Can you turn off the device? If so, does the screen 'blink' at some point? Maybe the panel got damaged (or the connector). Since you put it in the fridge, I wouldn't try to connect it to a PC or charger for at least 12 hours just to make sure no water is there and you'll cause more damage.
    Thank you very much for the advice. I was about to back that baby up to my laptop.
    08-04-2016 05:57 PM
    I have started using my M7 over wifi around the house as my music player, podcast etc. I can see it better, it sounds better and while it gets hot, it doesnt complain about it all the time. I even take it in my kayak instead.
    08-04-2016 05:59 PM
    Thank you very much for the advice. I was about to back that baby up to my laptop.
    Yeah, I'd wait a bit just in case. Glad you got it working though, although paranoid me would just turn it off and let it sit for a few hours (in rice for added peace of mind) just in case.
    08-04-2016 06:04 PM
    Yeah, I'd wait a bit just in case. Glad you got it working though, although paranoid me would just turn it off and let it sit for a few hours (in rice for added peace of mind) just in case.
    Im with you. I was going to but Ive been waiting for a text from a friend.
    08-04-2016 08:00 PM
    Glad you are up and running.
    08-04-2016 08:16 PM
    If I were you.... I would be extremely careful with that phone. Batteries do not respond well to heat... Once heat stressed, they can often be ticking timebombs. Unfortunately, that's a sealed battery, so replacing it wouldn't be a simple thing... but I would consider having that done.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    08-04-2016 10:11 PM
    Nice . Yay for it being alive again!
    Golfdriver97 and TBoltJ like this.
    08-05-2016 12:58 AM