A little wallpaper help?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
It seems no matter what I do, my wallpaper wants to change every so often to one of the preinstalled HTC walls. Even using a pre-installed theme with no wallpaper it soon changes to one of the preinstalled walls. Is there something I'm missing, a setting? I've looked. It will not let me keep one of my personal photos on there either for more than a few minutes or so.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you using your own custom wallpaper? If so, where is the image stored--Internal Storage or the SD card? If it's on the card, try copying it to Internal Storage first, then select it as a wallpaper from there.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Not using an SD card. Doesn't matter if I use one of the pre-installed wp or my own photo or a zedge wp. Made a nice theme last nite, 20 minutes later it has some pinkish orange little girlie wp on it. Google some info on the issue and apparently it goes back for years. Nothing mentioned with the 10 tho. I factory reset twice after receiving the phone last week. The heck of it is I'm liking HTC sense or I'd just go back to my fav action launcher. Thanks for responding, gonna keep digging.

EDIT: Figured it out, I had an old wallpaper maker app stuffed in a file that had somehow activated itself, probably when I swapped my stuff over to the new phone. In any case buried in it's settings was a switch that I never turned on, didn't even know it was an option, and it was activated. Got rid of it. Whew, what a relief.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non