android 7.0 or 7.1 HTC 10

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm anticipating better doze, multi window and the speed improvements. 7.0 and 7.1 made my 6p nearly as fast as my HTC 10

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
7.1 isn't coming anytime soon, although some of the features may. It's just Google further creating fragmentation by using it as a marketing tool for android users to purchase a Pixel device. Probably will see it on other Android devices by next spring with the launch of OEM's flagship devices.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
7.1 isn't coming anytime soon, although some of the features may. It's just Google further creating fragmentation by using it as a marketing tool for android users to purchase a Pixel device. Probably will see it on other Android devices by next spring with the launch of OEM's flagship devices.

Well- according to HTC they are going to do 7.0 first and then 7.1 liter but they should be 10 will get 7.1.

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I am seeing a bunch of issues via the Pixel forum and am curious if such issues will propagate to the 10. Being bleeding edge can have its disadvantages as well. Mine works well as is and I would hate to have it go backwards due to coding issues.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I am seeing a bunch of issues via the Pixel forum and am curious if such issues will propagate to the 10. Being bleeding edge can have its disadvantages as well. Mine works well as is and I would hate to have it go backwards due to coding issues.

If your concerned about updating when it comes then take a wait and see approach and see how others make out with it first if you want. No one is forced to do it. My 10 is running so sweet on MM, I'd not be in a big hurry, no need.

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
If your concerned about updating when it comes then take a wait and see approach and see how others make out with it first if you want. No one is forced to do it. My 10 is running so sweet on MM, I'd not be in a big hurry, no need.

Pretty much how I am going to handle it.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
7.0 has been out for a while now. I'd like to think HTC is taking their time in order to make sure there are no bugs.
Two years ago I had a moto X 2014 that got lollipop like two weeks after it was released. It was awful. Made the phone almost useless.
I'm confident HTC will avoid those problems.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site

The pixel is running 7.1 and I believe it's still in preview status. We will be getting 7.0 before 7.1 there shouldn't be to many issues.