Bluetooth phone audio died on me!?!

mahers

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
This problem seemed to come up for me when the Google Assistant update hit my phone.

Try this.. It worked for me and my bluetooth works normally.

Go to the phone settings app>search for "Bluetooth scanning" and turn it OFF.

Turn on Bluetooth, go into your devices settings, and check if you can Toggle the "phone audio" profile.

Hopefully this works for you.
Holy crap! This looks like it works. I'll see if phone audio stays on after I connect and disconnect one of my headsets. I don't know how you thought of doing this, but it's brilliant!

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
This problem seemed to come up for me when the Google Assistant update hit my phone.

Try this.. It worked for me and my bluetooth works normally.

Go to the phone settings app>search for "Bluetooth scanning" and turn it OFF.

Turn on Bluetooth, go into your devices settings, and check if you can Toggle the "phone audio" profile.

Hopefully this works for you.

WOW! It does seem to work. Im not sure about this part. where is it?

" check if you can Toggle the "phone audio" profile. "

Did you mean can we go from using the bluetooth/speaker/phone from the dialer? Because now I can.

NOTE: When I did as above and turned on the bluetooth on the phone but did not have a bluetooth device turned on the phone froze on that screen and i could get nothing to work, no power buttons to turn off, nothing until I turned on the bluetooth earpiece.

mahers

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
To get to the phone audio setting above, do this...
1.Turn on Bluetooth
2.Go to the list of devices you've paired
3.Click the setting wheel next to one.
You should see two checkboxes, one for media and one for phone audio

Once I turned off the "Bluetooth scanning" they were both checked, which is what I want!

Mgteggy01

Mar 18, 2017
Visit site
To get to the phone audio setting above, do this...
1.Turn on Bluetooth
2.Go to the list of devices you've paired
3.Click the setting wheel next to one.
You should see two checkboxes, one for media and one for phone audio

Once I turned off the "Bluetooth scanning" they were both checked, which is what I want!

Awesome, glad it worked for you as well!

mahers

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I sure did. I asked her to "perk it upstairs".

Finally!!! Mine is almost done updating the apps on my phone and Nougat will be installed. Of course, it's only 7.0, but better than nothing, I suppose. Now to see what got messed up! LOL!!!

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Finally!!! Mine is almost done updating the apps on my phone and Nougat will be installed. Of course, it's only 7.0, but better than nothing, I suppose. Now to see what got messed up! LOL!!!

Im not updating until I have your opinion :)

mahers

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Im not updating until I have your opinion :)
Well, at first, I wasn't able to get into anything Google. No Gmail, no Play Store. Couldn't sync anything. Took me two hours of searching for a solution. I cleared the dalvik cache, then cleared the data to Google Play Services and Google Play Store. I restarted again, and got in once I agreed to the Google terms and conditions. Other than that, pretty smooth. I've heard it's best not to use the data saver feature, which is fine by me. Love customization of the quick settings and the tiles. Erased a bunch of useless stuff and put what I want up there! Split screen is cool. Other than that, still messing with it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89