Just Received New Verizon Security Patch

RayGee

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Just received and applied the latest security patch. Took about 14 mins to updated and reboot. In NYC today.

Regards -----------------Screenshot_HTC10.jpg

mahers

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Downloading for me now....taking FOREVER! I am at work with no wifi and there is no option to delay this until later. There goes my data limit this month! :mad:

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Downloading for me now....taking FOREVER! I am at work with no wifi and there is no option to delay this until later. There goes my data limit this month! :mad:

Strange, when my notification came up, it allowed me to defer the install and put in a time for later in the day.

PS - VzW's new Unlimited plan will fix that for you!

mahers

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I am talking about the download, not the actual install. I did get the "install later" options, but the software download gave no option to delay. In any case, VZW's new unlimited plan will cost me way more than I pay now. I come nowhere near my limit, so I'm not planning to change - that was sort of a joke. ;)

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I am talking about the download, not the actual install. I did get the "install later" options, but the software download gave no option to delay. In any case, VZW's new unlimited plan will cost me way more than I pay now. I come nowhere near my limit, so I'm not planning to change - that was sort of a joke. ;)

Ah. I must not have been paying attention, I didn't think it downloaded the package until I hit the install button.

Different scenarios for different people; I saved about $120/month plus eliminated data overage fees when I switched plans!

plkyduk

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Got this patch Tue the 16th. Just realized can no longer sync with Gmail on phone or even access the play store! I don't use gmail as my primary email so didn't notice till I was trying to use an app that has to be verified by Google Play (poweramp paid version). It stopped working and says it cannot verify with Google Play that I purchased it. Tried to access Google Play and just get a blank screen. Went to accounts and some accounts will sync but gmailv contacts and people won't sync. Weird, anyone else having similar issues?

mahers

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Had that issue after the update to 7.0, but this security update has been fine. I can't remember the exact steps, but I think if you clear the cache on the Google Play Services app, it might fix it. If I find the post with the fix, I'll edit this

Here you go (a similar issue came up when I updated to 7.0)
I wasn't able to get into anything Google. No Gmail, no Play Store. Couldn't sync anything. Took me two hours of searching for a solution. I cleared the dalvik cache, then cleared the data to Google Play Services and Google Play Store. I restarted again, and got in once I agreed to the Google terms and conditions.

Last edited:

JimBen73

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Got this patch Tue the 16th. Just realized can no longer sync with Gmail on phone or even access the play store! I don't use gmail as my primary email so didn't notice till I was trying to use an app that has to be verified by Google Play (poweramp paid version). It stopped working and says it cannot verify with Google Play that I purchased it. Tried to access Google Play and just get a blank screen. Went to accounts and some accounts will sync but gmailv contacts and people won't sync. Weird, anyone else having similar issues?

Having the same issue, gmail won't sync, play store is blank etc.