HTC 10 or HTC U11?

jools182

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I need to get a new phone as my M9 is on it's way out

I want to buy the phone outright but I'm not sure whether to go for the 10 or U11

Probably £130 difference

Is the 10 tougher than the U11? I heard about someone breaking the body of the U11 by dropping it not very far

Are the improvements in the U11 worth the extra cash?

thanks for any advice

tim_hobbs

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
I need to get a new phone as my M9 is on it's way out

I want to buy the phone outright but I'm not sure whether to go for the 10 or U11

Probably £130 difference

Is the 10 tougher than the U11? I heard about someone breaking the body of the U11 by dropping it not very far

Are the improvements in the U11 worth the extra cash?

thanks for any advice
The 11 has better battery, better screen and faster storage. The 10 is much more durable though due to being metal, not glass and also has a regular headphone jack. The 11 also is bigger than the 10 in screen and body which may or may not be an advantage.
The 10 is a good, fast solid phone which is quick enough for all tasks so it's up to you whether the other differences matter enough to spend the extra👍

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
The 11 also has much improved speakers. So if you listen to music with your phones loud speakers then go with the 11.

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
The 10 is still blazing fast and has that beautiful, rock solid metal build.

But the audio through the speakers are too quiet.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Swappa would probably have very good 10's for a lot less money. I have not held the 11 so can't speak to that, but seeing all the videos does not make me want one. My 10 is so smooth after a years use that I have no itch to upgrade.
To many things about the 11 I don't find exciting. Glass back is not impressive and a smudge magnet. Needs a case of some sort as do all my phone's. Squeezable sides doesn't do it for me either. It's to big, the 10 is just right. Great top shelf build quality. Love the speakers on the 10. Not loud but nice and rich sound, not tinny like the pixel. If my 10 broke today I'd replace it with another 10. Not the 11, not any Sammy, not the pixel. To me the 10 is preferable over those. It is fast, smooth and gets decent battery life. A milliseconds faster processor is not worth an upgrade IMO. YMMV as well as your thoughts on the subject. But for God's sake don't let that greasy, fingerprint prone backside make your decision for you. My 2 cents.

Last edited:

Larry 609

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I own the 10 currently and have played around with the 11 at a Sprint store nearby. Overall, I think it's pretty similar in terms of interface and that sort of thing. It'll most presumably be faster and have a better battery, although I'm not sure to what extent... especially since both will be 'new' phones when you pull them out of the box anyway. The only real concern for me would be the glass backing, even if I have a sturdy case for it, since it really hasn't been tested yet and I'd hate for it to be an iPhone situation where they're notorious for breaking pretty easily. And, to a lesser extent, I'd be a little annoyed by having to upgrade my headphones to their USB-C slot of purchasing the dongles. But again, that might be a minor thing either way, even if you have to get those cords and such for other things yourself.

If it were me, I'd probably go with the most current phone (11) unless there's a huge price difference in getting the 10 and having that for a year or so.

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I had a choice between 10 and 11 to replace my old M8 and went with the 10. 11 is just too big in my opinion. 10 is the perfect size. Also I like that it still has the headphone jack. And the metal body. I don't know what prompted HTC to go with the all glass, maybe trying to be more like Sammy. Mistake in my opinion. Have had the 10 for a month and a half and couldn't be happier. Nice upgrade over the M8.

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I had a choice between 10 and 11 to replace my old M8 and went with the 10. 11 is just too big in my opinion. 10 is the perfect size. Also I like that it still has the headphone jack. And the metal body. I don't know what prompted HTC to go with the all glass, maybe trying to be more like Sammy. Mistake in my opinion. Have had the 10 for a month and a half and couldn't be happier. Nice upgrade over the M8.
Lol almost every major company flagship is made of glass it's not just a Samsung thing

DancingRam

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site

Seriously though, hahaha at your "sammy" comment. You mean they were trying to be more like Sony... Or maybe iPhone... Both those oems had glass before sheepdung. I love how Samsung is just apparently the standard these days. The height of people's ignorance has no bounds. It's not even the consumers fault. It's sites just like this one that embed it into their brains. Although, like my wife always says, think4yourself...

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Lets not forget that if a manufacturer wants to incorporate wireless charging you cant do it through metal. So for all those people demanding HTC provide a phone with wireless charging here is your glass back with plastic frame.