Textra Users. Need some help please

Tim98TA

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
When I use the speech-to-text option in the SwiftKey Keyboard, after I quit speaking, it brings up several options of the wording of what I just said. You click on one of the to select it, then press Send.
I use this feature only when I am driving so I do not have to look at keyboard. Having these options to try to read and then click is distracting. I think it is part of Google, but I have no idea how to disable it.

Anyone?????

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Which speech engine are you using for voice recognition? I'm using SwiftKey with Google Voice Recognition on Textra and I don't see the option list you mention... it just types as I speak. If I tap on a word/phrase then yeah, it'll suggest other options but that's only if I initiate the correction.

Tim98TA

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Where do I find that setting? Is it in SwiftKey or Textra? I have been through both and don't see where I can find Google Voice.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It should be on your phone's settings (Language and Input). On the S8 is lumped with the 'On-screen keyboard' options; might be a bit different for HTC devices. But I don't see any option to show that on Google Voice Typing...it just doesn't do that on mine. Not sure if maybe you're using HTC's (if any) and that has the options?

If you use a different keyboard (like the stock one) and then try to do voice typing, does the same happen? If so, then it's gotta be the voice typing engine.

Tim98TA

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
WOW!!!! That worked. I saw that but I figured it neded to be off. Oh well. Live and learn.
THANKS A TON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress