Anyone else hate Oreo? HTC10

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I accidentally updated to Oreo last night when I wasn't wearing my glasses (Pressed yes rather than no as I've been putting this off for 2 months). Costly mistake, I went from a cool running battery with lots of long life to hot draining battery garbage. I even factory reset after the update from Nougat to get a fresh build. No go, fast battery drain phone killing "upgrade" Google can shove it up their *** as well as Verizon. This **** is enraging, had a great phone that is now garbage

touchthatpad106

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Funny as I am all of sudden having battery draining issues (from Android OS and Android System) and fast charging is not working either. I am on Nougat and can not wait for the Oreo update to hopefully fix my problems lol.

Larry 609

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Oreo's working out for me for the most part, although I also did a factory reset afterward to make sure the kinks were out. Battery life is more or less the same as what it was before, and even if it's a tad worse for me, it's probably what I expect a device of mine to have at the two-year mark...

Gus_Gutz

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
I went the other way. My battery was down to about 8 hours before the update, but after the Oreo update I am back to a full days use. It was so bad that I got the u11. When the U11 wouldn't connect to Verizon anymore, I went back to the 10. After Oreo on the 10, I was getting 4 to 5 days on standby with no SIM. I kept it going on wifi just to keep the apps updated and as a media device.. When I put the SIM back in, I was easily getting a days use out of it again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon