I've got an HTC 10. I find that my battery is struggling recently, most days it runs out by early evening where before I had 20-30% to spare by the end of the day. I am aware that my battery is aging but I wonder whether this is the reason for drop off in performance.

I looked at my apps use of battery (settings-> apps) and noticed that WiFi hotspot has used 20% by mid morning, 30% an hour later and 50% since the last full charge by the afternoon. The disable button is greyed-out. I clicked the force stop button but it come back on the next day when I check again.

I'd be grateful for your advice on how to limit WiFi hotspot battery use or better still fin how to turn it off untill I'd like it back on. Thanks
    06-13-2018 03:00 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Location>Scanning (or it might be Improve Location Accuracy) and make sure wi-fi scanning is turned off.
    06-13-2018 11:47 AM
    If you aren't using the hotspot (if you are, you have to carry a charger or power bank with you - and let the people who use the hotspot share the cost), just turn it off. If you aren't using wifi, turn it off.

And once you have the battery replaced (which you'll eventually have to do) or upgrade to another phone, stop draining the battery lower than 40% (or charging it higher than 80%). GSam Battery Monitor makes it easy to set alarms for that, so you don't have to keep checking.
    06-14-2018 01:12 PM
    My phone gets charged every night. 2 hours after unplugging it in the morning, it is already at 50-55%. HORRIBLE
    09-19-2018 06:46 AM