HTC 10 Performance Lapse with Android 8.0 Oreo

TrophyNostalgia

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I wasn't sure if it was just the age of my phone or other issues going on behind the scenes. However, it seems like after the Android 8.0 Oreo update my HTC 10 has really started to degrade in performance. Battery- while not abysmal- has notably dropped in endurance. I usually have to charge my phone 2-3 times a day with moderate use. Basic actions such as looking up my address in Google Maps can take 1-2 full minutes to respond. At one point my phone started beeping warning the battery might explode and I burned my hand trying to unplug it from my car charger. Long story short I've checked generic performance indicators and nothing seems unusual. Average RAM shows about 2.6 of 3.9 used. I tried some basic Boost programs to clear cache or unused memory and nothing really seems to help.

What are the recommended apps for peeking under the covers and trying to diagnose what's really happening behind the scenes? (Preferably free)

I recognize the phone is 2.5 years old now, but I would hope it wouldn't become degraded that quick forcing me to upgrade.

Cheers!;)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The system cache partition is different from individual app caches. No personal data will be affected if you clear the cache partition, so it's worth a try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress