Should i root

okachowwa

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Aria for christmas and it is my first smart phone. I really want to root it but i am just really scared to, i dont want to brick it. I know how to do it (i would use unrevoked3 because it is so simple) and i want to flash some ROMs and get access to delete all those pre loaded apps (thats the main reason). but i am just really scared to. should i and is there a different way to do it or something and is it safe to do it and is it safe to flash on roms (like cyanogenmod)

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Read through the forums on rooting. Gain as much knowledge as possible and when you feel comfortable, root it. I used z4root with titanium backup. If you back everything up before you do anything you will be fine. There are lists of apps that you can safely remove if you're not sure.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi, okachowwa.
Welcome to the forums.

Rooting isn't required for any device. Your phone will work just as well, or even better not rooted(In my opinion).

If, however... you choose to root your phone - please do read up on pros and cons of rooting your phone.

I'm not trying to stop you from modifying your phone, I'm just giving you my opinion.

Enjoy the forums - Good luck in whatever decision you make.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Using unrevoked is pretty safe, I've never heard of anyone bricking while using it. Once you do it and have clockwork installed, you can make a nandroid backup, and then you have a way out if something happens while flashing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
runblue