Hot Pockets!

richard_rsp

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey, does anyone else's Desire Eye get uncomfortably warm when in your pocket, particularly when in the car? I don't know of its Bluetooth or GPS (location service) related, but my HTC sometimes gets quite hot while driving.

Also, unrelated but wanting to vent : where the &%$# is Lollipop for the AT&T Desire Eye?

Posted via my HTC Desire Eye

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is that associated with battery drain? Do you see anything unusual in the battery stats?

richard_rsp

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
No, no excessive battery drain - it seems to be related to constantly using GPS while moving in a car - maybe a location services thing?
Anyway, its the 3rd Android device that has Ive tried that has seemed uncomfortably warm in my pocket - maybe its just me, but I know there are phones out there that don't do that. So I have switched OS for now and am going to sell my Desire Eye. Good luck everyone!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
GPS can be a battery sucker (and therefore can cause heat generation), so that may be at least a partial explanation. I never use my phone as a nav device, so I can't comment on how universal this is. Hope you consider coming back to Android some time in the future!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez